Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Coral Springs
Hello I am new. First of all I want to say that I always pray for everyone with this desease. I hope One day there will be a cure for this. God have a big heart and he will give the cure one day. I am wondering what do you think caused your ALS, have you got any viruses (MONO, meningitis, etc) before ALS. what area did you work, were you exposed to paint fumes, chemicals, or did you work in an office? Have you got CT scans or MRI in your life before ALS onse? did you live near a lake? were you smoke, drink, did you took vitamins, or just ate fast food or home made food?
I want to know and try to find something in common. There must be something in common about it. I am very concerned because I realized that younger people more and more are getting this. I have been reading and people in the 20s are getting this deseases. I hope everyone in here can help with this. No one deserves this a cure must be found! :(

Unfortunately if there was something in common, something could be done. For every person who has had a head injury, there are dozens who have not. Same goes for everything else. This has been discussed many times on here and while many have had some of these things, just as many have not.

There are ongoing studies to determine cause in sporadic ALS. So far there are no answers, just as sadiemae mentioned. Some "suggested" causes are athleticism, use of statins, stress, and head injuries to name a few. But for as many that fall under these categories, others do not. It is one of the frustrating aspects of this disease. There are some "clusters" of people who are more susceptible for some reason; veterans and the people of Guam. But if you're looking for common threads to avoid, sorry, there are no simple answers.

I was healthy. Then I got ALS. My friends sometimes think I could use a whack to the head.

Joking aside: I don't know why I won this lottery.

I think it's the "PERFECT STORM" of a number different things coming together.

I agree about the Perfect Storm theory. A mixed bag of things.

I hope they find a cure someday. Has anyone heard about the treatment in Israel with brainstorm? Does anyone knows something about it, when will they do it in USA?

Yes and it's suspect. It will be in the US when it's proven it's truly successful. I wish they'd hurry it up!

Flor,

What precisely is your interest in ALS? Are you a researcher, victim, pedlar, scientist, friend of?

Please elaborate.

My ALS? Destiny, I suppose.

I got kicked really hard in the nuts playing football...................I think that was it.

Bill

all kidding aside....I would be interested as to how many pals worked on a farm or around cows in particular.

There is absolutely no answer to what causes ALS. Although I am a member of the class which constitutes 60percent of ALS patients (military), I did not have any symptoms associated with ALS until I was on statins for eight months. Any connection here? Maybe so, maybe no. Anyway, we must play the cards that are dealt and try to stay in the game the best we can.

I don't have anyone with Als. I don't know if I have Als. I am 26 years old. Very healthy but I got mono and experienced with it extreme weakness which I could barely walk. I still fell heavy legs. And twitching. I hope it's just mono. But as dr. Google everything with twitching and weakness it shows als. The thing is that I did research on this desease and my heart is depressed that it exist , that people are living with it and there is no cure. I pray for the Israel treatment to be successful . I am very catholic and care about people in need. In my country I helped poor people and things but this disease is the one that impacted me the most. It's not fair because sometimes I think that people out there like artistt who smoke, drugs and drunk people and thy don't get this disease. It's unfair and my heart is broken. I pray everyday that next year they find the cure. I have a friend who passed away from cancer, it's sad why they can't find the cure. Why it happens to good people. I am depressed .

flor....you probably dont realise how irritating your post is.......a 100 yrs of top medics trying to find causes and you think your the kiddo whos gonna do it.......and also if god has a big heart why does he not give a cure now.....somebody tell me why not.......please, johnny..

Flor, you've posted I'm the SIHALS side. Your questions really belong in that area, not over here. All anyone can do is speculate.

I'd imagine like most other things, so,etching falls in the right place and triggers it. X plus y equal z. You didn't get ALS from being a painter, and stopping painting out of fear is pretty silly. Take normal precautions like air circulation. Read the sticky posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back