What did everyone do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I WORKED FOR GEWING GUN FACTORY WITH THE FLAVOR AND DROVE

FORKLEFT FOR 28 YEARS

tOM

I taught English and French for 27 years and then as a library helper for several years before permanently retiring when i was Dxd in April 08.

Mt Pockets,
You made me laugh and I needed today........God bless you and keep you, Hey, by the way have you heard from Lori......I got an email awhile back and she was going to call but I haven't heard a peep.........I am a little worried, I haven't even seen her post here in awhile...I so love her and hope all is well.......

Anywho, thanks for the laugh, by the way I used to be a runway model........lol 8)8)

Thanks Again,
netty

I didn't know they had model runways at the airport Netty.

AL.

I was raised in the housing construction. Family business. At age 20 i moved to the city (Mississauga) and started my own roofing company. 17 years later, ALS.

I worked retail pharmacy for 22 yrs, and have been a registered nurse for 8 yrs. Diagnosed at the age of 47 in June 08.

I was a legal secretary for 7 yrs, a stay-at-home mom to 5 children, now grown, and a grandmother to 6, and I like to say that I'm retired-- to housekeeping! :lol: Lonna

Yes, of course they do.....but sometimes I feel like my runway is a plank..........lol..........I really am just looking for Johnny Depp................OIH MATEY!
netty

my daughter taught cheerleading and gymnastics - DX 14 years ago with ALS when she was only 23 years old-

My husband worked on the oil rigs in the boiler room and then in the gem buisness as a wholesaler so traveled to many places around the world. He also went through the 60's and 70's and experimented with allot of things. When we moved to this small town we bought a place with allot of fruit tress which need spraying to keep the bugs at bay and he never wore protective gear while doing it. He thought long and hard on what could have caused his ALS and with the life he led it wasn't easy.
Someone remarked that they thought it was like cancer somer are prediposed to it and others arn't. I think I agree with that one.

30 years in computers. IT Manager for many years. Still do programming and online gaming of FPS games. Too slow for clan action , but still hold my own in the pubs. Thank Gawd for that as I can not ride motorcycles anymore.

Last post was over a year ago. Be interested to get it up to date again.

Did ? Naaa , I still do !

I still go to the office. Yep , still working, but mostly training my successor and my team. You work all your life and experience just builds up, you can fix stuff by instinct. Its amazing how much I have to teach.

Glen

Electrical Engineer for 35 years, mostly working with large power transformers. Been in pure PCB to my armpits, and lots of other nasty solvents, some which you can not buy anymore. been exposed to large electrical, RF and magnetic fields. Was in the military and had the whole bevy of shots when you go in.

Perry

Electrical/ Instrument Tech for 35 years. Working in heavy industry, lots of high voltage harmonics, magnetic fields etc (same as Perry)
Also part time fire fighter for 30 years.

Still working, desk work now, improving procedures and isolation methods for the company.

cheers
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back