What did everyone do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.
... my wife was a kindergarten teacher for 24 years until she could no longer walk safely. Before that a swim instructor. Had three kids and raised 4 (if you include me too).
t.

I worked as a fireman for about 10 years, drilled oil wells for an oil company, and was a Safety Engineer in Alaska on the Valdez Oil spill disaster.

...two bad disks in the lumbar (neck) portion of the spine...

Doh!
That should read "two bad disks in the cervical (neck) portion of the spine."

Bulbar onset PALS

Lots of emtional stress throughout my life
Carrier of Fragile X Syndrome and mother of three affected kids
Biology major...and helped hubby do graduate work including working with formaldehyde
Took statins (cholesterol meds)
Firefighter/paramedic
Flight paramedic/RN (jet A fuel)
ER paramedic/RN - meds, disinfectant exposures galore

Who knows.... we live in such a polluted world, unfortunately and I've always been a city dweller....

Claudia
PALS
Bulbar onset at age 43

Welcome Claudia but sorry about your luck.
AL.

Hi Claudia! Such a tender age my friend, and been through so much. God bless you. Welcome!

Irma

Who knows.... we live in such a polluted world, unfortunately and I've always been a city dweller....

Unfortunately, living outside the city may not be much better, e.g. my mom built a house with a big tin roof way out in rural Louisiana. When the crop duster swoops over the fields, you hear rata-tat-tat as the pesticides, herbicides or fertilizer bounces off that tin roof.

I was one of the dreaded 'telemarketers'.

I still am a Product Manager for a software company, but I don't know for how much longer the way my arms are fading. ;-(

medical field

I have been in the supermarket industry for 24 yrs,grocery clerk,dairy frzn mgr, ast mgr, store manager.All years with the same co.

Psychologist with the Veterans Admin.

My father (diagnosed age 50) was in the marines for 4 years from 1975-1979 and spent 2 of those years in Japan (which is what some think may have helped this along). He worked for IBM for 26 years in New York City as a technical support manager for the new york/new jersey region.

I was a Medical Laboratory Technician, working in Microbiology. I was exposed to various chemicals, bacteria, viruses, molds, fungus, and parasites.. I often wondered if it was somehow related to being diagnosed with ALS, though I haven't heard of any other lab techs having it.

My brother was diagnosed in July 2005- He worked for over 20 years as a machinist. He worked for several stainless and metal working companies. I, too, thought it might be connected to the metal work. As his sister who loves him very much this all makes me very very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back