What did everyone do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a legal assistant for 30 years and loved every minute of it.

Hi
My husband is 47 yrs old and was a Major Appliance Technician for 19+ years servicing commercial laundry equipment in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada. He was very active and rarely ever sick. He was moving a machine and tore his rotator cuff and he got progressively worse. He was referred to a neurologist and was diagnosed June 2009 with ALS at that time he could walk talk drive etc and now he cannot move without assistance. Seems like very active people who work around machinery and industrial sites at risk but who knows what it is that triggers ALS. I hate this disease!

Hi Brian and Kathy, sorry we had to meet here. Got transferred from Wpg. a year and a half ago. Hope to see you at the next ALS run.

I was a math prof. for thirty years, though my metalworking and jewelry making hobbies may have had something to do with the ALS.

I was a courtroom clerk for 23 years.

Ooo .. you must have some good stories.

Glen

I worked retail pharmacy for 23 yrs, and then RN for 9 yrs.

I was and still am a cryptographer and software developer. Hope to keep it up even in extremis.

My son, 40, DX 2008 was a sports writer for various newspapers. He was an avid golfer.

Mom worked in retail all of her working life. Her last job was in the bake shop at a local super market.

I am an information technology manager. I am around a lot of electronic equipment.

I used to type the phone numbers we used to have on our telephones (32 years ago). Last 20 have worked at fast food or cafeterias. Only way to get opposite shifts with my husband. Wanted one of us to be home with the kids while they were growing up. I always had school holidays off.

Just stumbled onto this thread...such interesting occupations! Zaphoon-a piano tuner! Sooo cool!

My husband, 51, is a photographer/graphic designer. Served in the Airforce back in the mid 80's and re-activated his status after 9/11. Became a weapons loader for the F-16s and has served 3 tours in Iraq. I'll pull some of his photos and post them in an album.

Hopefully, I did this right...here's a link to an album I just set up to share his talent!

ALS/MND Support Group Forums - Melodyparrish's Album: FotoDaddy

If that didn't work, go to my page and check it out at your leisure.
Melody

Last edited:
Cool photos Melody, when I was a kid I had a Thunderbirds model airplane hanging from the ceiling of my room. I think that it was an F4 Phantom (1960s).

My husband was a bridge contractor he worked with hevy equipment and dirt work for 20yrs, befor that a peanut farmer raised in the peanut feild. he was so healthy and active right up until he just couldnt do it he is still not 40 years old ! this has been quite a blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back