Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
City
Palmetto Bay
I pray all on this forum and site the very best and may God be by your side always.

About 4 yrs ago we got into a car accident 2 weeks later I developed a tingling sensation on my left side of my face by my lips. I went to the doctor and nothing.

Then a year later I was suffering from hypothyroidism and low iron. I got weakness on my left side of my body. I started supplementing for vitamin deficiencies. The weakness got better. I went to the doctor we started addressing these issues and they became better but then my tongue got fat and painful. This happened in Feb of this year when my hemoglobin was a 4. But now Now I am not sure if my tongue is swollen or it feels numb. I have sores on my tongue and if feels numb. When I speak it feels funny. Like if my entire tongue isn’t activated. I have been getting stiffness in my hips. Especially my left side. Can you please recommend who I should see and if I should worry?

Thanks!

I'm sorry, I think you may have accidentally stumbled upon this forum. This is an ALS forum and not a general health forum. I think it is best if you go back to your GP, show him/her your sores on your tongue and look at getting a PT appointment to aid in stretches to loosen up stiff joints. Your GP may even suggest an Rheumatologist appointment but I cannot say for sure. I only know ALS and not too much about other health issues. Sorry and best of luck to you.

Last edited:
Thank you so much. My main concerns was the issue I was having when speaking where it feels like my entire tongue isn’t activated. It feels numb and fat. Then comes the numbness on my face left lip bottom. Also get numbness or tingles on my hands and feet. Also over load of salvia not sure if it’s because of the sore or what. I looked up symptoms I had and this popped up. I wanted to just get so direction.

Hello- please read here: Read Before Posting. It explains a variety of symptoms and reasons why what you report means you should not worry about ALS.

Take care

I would be concerned about how your hemoglobin got so low -- the cause could be affecting your health. If you don't know what that cause is, I would see a hematologist.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back