Diagnosis
09/2007
Country
US
State
Alabama
City
Daphne
I was diagnosed on Sept. 11, 2007. It started in my toes and ankles. I have some weakness in my calves which makes fall backwards a lot. I'm on relatek and I want to know about how fast this disease will progress. I also want to know where I can expect to appear next.

Vicki S.

Hi Vicki. I am sorry to hear about your DX. Wish there could be some definate answers for you, but everybody is so different. We have had PALS around here who have been lving with ALS for 15 years, and everybody claims that a positive attitude makes a big difference no matter what the future holds. but I can see your wish to be able to plan. I just wish there were simple answers. Cindy

Thanks Cindy. It really is hard to plan when you don't what's going to happen or when. I live each day as it comes. It's my husband who is my caregiver that is so worried. I try to tell him when it gets bad he can some help. All my family lives in St. Louis and I live Alabama. My husband keeps asking if I want to move back but I don't. I love her and have made so many friends here.

I don't let the AlS keep me down. I read, paint, play video games and sing karaoke two nights a week. I go to lunch with my friends and to the movies. I go to my painting chapter meetings and plan to go to convention. I hope I'm still mobile by May or June because thats when the convention is.

Vicki

Vicki

Vicki,
Cindy is right. We are basically Veterans at this. My brother Timothy had symptoms for 7 years prior to his confirmed diagnosed in March of 05. He is very positive and has a wonderful attitude. Please check out Bert, my friend that has had ALS for 25 years, He lives in Satsuma and has just written a book on ALS and other terminal diseases. He has one especially for me to come pick up from him. He is one of my Biggest Inspirations!

http://www.bertwoodard.com/

Also I can give you info on a Rehab Service that came out today and measured Timothy for a New Power Chair. They are wonderful.

I HAVE LOTS OF INFO FOR YOU!

Lorie:-D

You Have the ENTIRE World to look forward to!

Vicki this is not the end - it is just a new and different chapter of your life. Look back on your life and see the different changes and chapters that have already occurred in your life, this one is just different and will cause you to look deeper into yourself - but you have everything to look forward to - and with the friends and information you will meet and find through this forum or maybe other channels in your life - you will find so much more to look forward to... Hope this helps a little...

Vicki,
Cindy is right. We are basically Veterans at this. My brother Timothy had symptoms for 7 years prior to his confirmed diagnosed in March of 05. He is very positive and has a wonderful attitude. Please check out Bert, my friend that has had ALS for 25 years, He lives in Satsuma and has just written a book on ALS and other terminal diseases. He has one especially for me to come pick up from him. He is one of my Biggest Inspirations!

http://www.bertwoodard.com/

Also I can give you info on a Rehab Service that came out today and measured Timothy for a New Power Chair. They are wonderful.

I HAVE LOTS OF INFO FOR YOU!

Lorie:-D

Everyone on this forum is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back