What brings you joy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
~ My family and true friends.
~ Being outside as much as possible. Granville has a bike path near my parents home, so its nice venturing out when the weathers nice, especially in the autumn when the leaves start turning. I also spend time at one of our friends houses in Buckeye Lake that has full access to the new paved cycling / exercise path on the north bank dam that I can take my chair on. Also, we go to Dawes Arboretum where its all paved around the property so I can see the trees, gardens, and wildlife.
~ Binge watching TV series and movies with my family and friends, even series that we've already seen.
~ Before COVID, I enjoyed seeing new movies at the theater with my friends, going to concerts, and Blue Jacket games.
~ Going to our local pumpkin farm to watch my nieces and nephew pick out pumpkins.
~ The holidays, Christmas has always been my favorite. Last year our local drag racing track was bought by new owners, and for Christmas when its usually closed, they constructed a drive thru light display that was over a mile long in the parking lot. Was a huge hit and success and attracted people from all of central Ohio. The nice part was staying in your warm vehicle as you enjoyed seeing the lights react to music on a certain radio station.
~ Listening to music.
~ Reading.

Stacy, that list sounds wonderful.

Daytona International Speedway also did that for Christmas several years in a row. The lights were spectacular. I took my brother, sister-in-law and a friend. I'm pretty sure the upswing in CV will stop it this year, but I hope not.

Our drive-in-church also has a drive-through Bethlehem live display with animals and all kinds of scenes. Candy for the kids and treats for the dogs!

If you really love Christmas, there is a forum called My Merry Christmas. There is no negativity on there and it has members from all around the world. You'd love it there if Christmas is your thing.

Kim...I think you and your COVID hair look wonderful!

The good Ole' Grateful Dead

Christmas is truly a special and wonderful time of the year

Spending time in our garden
Wonderful streaming live music concerts
Nature movies
Watching our hummingbirds' crazy antics
Receiving our weekly box of produce from the farm and planning menus
Zoom calls with friends and family
Waking up each morning with my sweetie
Making delicious meals
Appreciating what my body can stilldo

Status