Status
Not open for further replies.
Movies are one of my new hobbies. Used to be I could not sit still long enough to watch them. Now I still wobble around in my seat but it is a different kind of not sitting still. I am enjoying all those old movies I never took time to watch! :smile:

Hello, im new to this forum but I am seeking anyone with similar experiences. Im a 20 year old male, and a couple of years ago I was diagnosed with hyperreflexia. The doctor never specified if the following was related to the condition. I ocasionally have memory lapses, where I cannot even remember how to speak, where I live, etc. I have hightened senses, such as smell, taste, vision, hearing. Its got to the pouint where I have to take a shower and can no longer swim, as when i submerge myself in water, it feels like its going through me. And of course the quick reactions. When i try asking medical professionals about it, they give me a blank look and question me with excitement as though we should be in a comic. I must admit, sometimes it can be fun, but living on edge is tyring. does anyone else have these sensations etc? and if so, what have you found that eases their severity? Thank you.

relfbaby,

Have you been specifically to a neurologist regarding your symptoms? The significant sensory involvement sounds neurological in nature, but doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard of. I'm even hesitant to speculate at all (Not that you should ever take the speculation of a random internet stranger over the professional opinion of a doctor).

Best of luck getting to the bottom of it,

Robert

well it was the consultant neurologist who diagnosed me, although he seemed to disregard alot of the more worrying symptoms such as the memory lapses. He said it would explain my double vision, jumpyness, spasms, and excessive reflexes. the only thing theyve done since diagnosis is take an MRI scan of my neck, whioch came back clear apart from some calciated vertibrae. I know i also have a fast heart rate but blood pressure and oxygen levels when checkd have always been good. errr i dont think i have any other possible symtoms. thanks for your help though.

hyperreflexia also can have nervous person or ween you have Lyme disease your neurologist should know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back