10/2015
Country
us
State
north carolina
City
Charlotte
Hello Gang,
I have really been struggling more than usual. I am weepy all of the time. I am taking Nuedexta. Those around me suggest I take an antidepressant. I am looking for recommendations on what is working for my other PALS. Prescription or otherwise...

Thanks,
Jocalyn

grounded

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
12/2011
Country
US
State
PA
City
Baden
I take 7.5 mg Mirtazapine before bed - have been for about 5 years. I do think it helps. Mirtazapine also increases appetite and helps with sleep. For awhile, I was also taking buproprion in the AM, but stopped because I felt I didn't need it.

I tried 3-4 others, but they all made me sick to the point I wasn't eating well.

soonerwife

Very helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
US
State
OK
City
Cleveland
My PALS takes Effexor, he had been taking it for years before his DX. I take Zoloft which seems to help me quite alot.

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
Endep (amitriptyline) worked really well for my Chris - took the edge off and helped a lot with sleeping.

Vincent

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Barrie
60mg Paxil in the morning and 15mg Mirtazapine at night. Oh and I take 14ml of medical marijuana oil.
|Vincent

CarolSue

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
01/2016
Country
US
State
Kansas
City
Middle America
I take Buproprion one in the AM and one in the PM. The second was added after diagnosis.

Lscott71

Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Fort Worth
My PALS takes Depakote, a mood stabilizer.

bigmark1954

Very helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
UT
City
taylorsville
I am on Wellbutrin and Amitriptyline, as well as Neudexta. I am supposed to take the Wellbutrin twice daily but have only been taking one per day. I tried the cannabis oil, but it totally incapacitated me.

As far as the weepy stuff goes, I don't think anything can help me with that. Everything makes me sad. I have a very dismal future and can't set any goals. I have a ton of anxiety for what I can't do, and things I no longer have any control of.

Inherent sadness fills my days and ya I am weepy. I welcome the day that I don't give a sh!t about any of it.

KarenNWendyn

Forum Supporter
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
OR
City
Southern Oregon
Hey Mark,

Good you can at least talk about it. I wish you peace and comfort and hope that many moments of joy come your way.

KarenNWendyn

Forum Supporter
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
OR
City
Southern Oregon
I take CBD oil and I think it helps my mood. I try to get outside as much as possible which also helps. I sleep well until the dog jumps up on the bed at 4 AM and lays her head on my bladder.

KimT

Extremely helpful member
Forum Supporter
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
I've been taking Remeron (Mirtazapine) since 2003. I take 15 mg. at bedtime. It's the only one I could tolerate and the only one that didn't make me more anxious. At low doses (15 mg.) it is more sedating so good for sleep. At higher doses, it is more activating so it will give you more energy. A higher dose is 30 mg. or 45 mg. It WILL make you hungry. It has an antihistamine property that helps you sleep. They also prescribe it off label for failure to thrive and appetite stimulant. The only negative, for me, was it did constipate me. Magnesium and psyllium corrected that as would other laxatives and stool softeners.

The SSRIs ALL gave me heart palpitations and made me nervous. Wellbutrin made me feel like I was on speed.

azgirl

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Tucson
I started lexapro 10mg when I got to that weepy stage a year ago recently went to 20zmg. It really helped

Also take 20mg cannabis at night to relax and sleep

KimT

Extremely helpful member
Forum Supporter
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
I forgot to mention I take 5 mg THC at night and 50-100 CBD throughout the day. I do think the CBD has helped with anxiety because I was able to stop Xanax after I got the dose high enough.

LizF

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Victoria
I take escitalopram (10mg/daily), and have Ativan for really terrible times which thankfully, are few and far between. I also practice self-hypnosis, after seeing a hypnotherapist for fear, mindfulness & gratitude, and continue with the cognitive behavioural therapy techniques that I've used for many years for depression.

And dark chocolate. It's my favourite and I don't have to view it as a guilty pleasure anymore, it's just a pleasure.

Good luck in finding what works for you Jocalyn xo

Status
Not open for further replies.