What about Father's Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seaside, I love the idea about wood from the yard with his initials carved into it. Very touching. We live on a creek and I often go there to meditate. It would be a beautiful place to hold a ceremony. Diane

Will be floating the marshmallow viking ship down the Hooch shortly.

TV today kept wishing Happy Father's Day and my son looked at me and said, "I don't have a father." :(

So very very sorry, CJ

My son was so sweet. He insisted I launch the viking ship. It was perfect. The little white marshmallow ship, with Don's tiny picture as the sail, went down river. My son was excited to see it was still mid-river and not sinking as he held the flashlight to follow as far as he could see.

For some reason, that was more emotional for me than the funeral.

It's OK. Hopefully my son and I have gained something from this.

CJ, I hope your trip has been good for the two of you.

Fathers Day was really hard for me today. Bran and I did not have children, however we did have a furry child. They were special twosome, falling asleep in the chair watching baseball, tricks and treats, he got a fathers day card from her every year with inked paw prints and everything. I just missed him so much today, I cooked his favorite meal, set a place at the table for us both, and then sadly ate alone.... just looking at his chair and wanting so bad to hear him say, "great grub as always baby! Thanks." Damn it! I miss him so much. I need him. It is so selfish I know.. but he was my world even before he got sick. I am just not sure if I am going to make it. I never know if it is going to be a up day.. or a down day. I hate waking up to a empty bed, not seeing his big brown eyes, Hearing his chipper made up songs every morning about coffee or the weather, or my ratty night gown. This pain is so harsh, so deep, I feel I am never going to see the other side... Can you be filled with so much hurt and darkness that still live? Can you swim with so much weights on you? It's a down day. I miss his everything. I miss us, our family, ... our dreams. I would give anything to hear his voice.. one more time. Why can't heaven (or where ever we go) have a phone booth. If it did I know he would call.

CJ, my heart just broke a little when I read your that your little one doesn't have a father. :'(. He does have a father and he is a beautiful angel keeping an eye on him everyday. I know if doesn't help much and is definetly not the same. My dad passed in 2006 and Father's Day and really all holidays have been so hard for my sister, niece and I. (((((Hugs)))))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back