Went to counselor yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katie, that was pretty funny! Thank you!

killing yourself would only be an answer for you on a bad day but, ...if you did your love ones will have a bad day every day,...and thou you may think they will understand why you did it ,... the pain you would cause them will only make them feel they didn't do enough , didn't help you enough...take your meds and remember you are not in this alone you have loved ones and we love you ... find a different counselor ask your als doctor for one who understands als and all that comes with it...please don't take this wrong ... i know the heartache of it als and suicide... my best wishes for you and family

I take Celexa (citalpram), when I started having difficulty swallowing pills my nurse practioner prescribecd a liquid form. I used to take it by mouth but now it goes into the PEG tube.

Stu I am going to talk to my neuro @ Mayo tomorrow and ask her if there is an alternative med that I can swallow. I am covered...but I appreciate your offer.

Thanks for being there!
deborah

I took Celexa when we lost our daughter. If there is a liquid, I might just ask for that and forget the Paxil altogether. I did well on Celexa.

Thanks to all who have offered support for me. It is just one minute at a time for me right now. I don't know why I am having there ideas to end my life. I am okay and then all of a sudden, I am not. I have never been like this before. Of course, I have never been in this situation before either. I have a friend who is a counselor and I think when I get back from Mayo, I am going to contact him and talk to him and see if he can help me or if he knows someone who can.

Thanks again to all!
deborah

Honestly I think it is a adverse side effect to the antidepressant! It takes a while to get it built up in your body and it takes just as long for it to clear.

I agree with Kay Marie.. sounds like you are really still struggling with med side effect. Make sure whoever is prescribing for you knows you had the reaction, and that you've used Celexa without issue in the past. And keep talking to us.

having worked in a young offender center for over 25 years and have dealt with many psychologists an psychiatrists,many are very good but some really dont have a clue.book smart people but no people skills.Having A LS i think we all have had that thought of ending it all.But for me its bad karma for our families and i myself could not do it

I NEVER TOOK THE PAXIL. I COULDN'T CRUSH IT, SO I DIDN'T TAKE IT. HAVEN'T TAKEN ANYTHING YET.

deborah

Hey Deborah,

Just a thought now that you are PEGd. Throw some liquid in a blender and add the paxil - and blend the crap out of it. Then pump it in direct.

Glen

Deborah, ok, let me get this straight-you have NEVER been on any antidepressant or antianxiety medications? right?

I have been on them when we lost our daughter in 1998. I haven't been on any since this diagnosed. I wanted to go on Pristiq, but make me throw up so I gave the samples back. Took the Paxil rx home and then found out I couldn't crush it. There are so many antidepressants that you CAN'T crush because they are time release. I am going to go back to the dr and see if he can give me a liquid medication. I hope that Celexa comes in a liquid form. That is what I took before.

deborah

Deborah ... my husband takes Paxil, and it's not a time release. It's 10 mg. and there is no warning about time release or do not crush. Your doctor can just write you a script for a smaller dose, and you can take it more often.

I think most time release is just a convenience/selling gimmick.

This is a 20 mg and it does say time release and DO NOT CRUSH. I read it again. I will talk to my doc today and see if I can do anything about this. Thanks
deborah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back