11/2012
Country
US
State
CO
City
Colorado Springs
i broke rule #1.

My wife was away getting her hair done. The housekeeper had been here in the morning, so all was clean an tidy.

It appeared that one of the dogs urped in front of the desk so I went to the nearby sliding door to get the towel placed there to catch the rain. In the house I walk with my Rollator, the 4-wheel walker.

My mistake was in bending my knees to reach the towel, just a wee bend. They bent fine, but then they just kept on bending.

O, $hit.

My ass hit first (in a maneuver I've previously referred to as an 'enhanced sit down event')

But with no core strength to speak of, once my ass hit ground zero, the rest of me had to keep going too.

I've got a head like a cement block (good German stock here) so the solid and resounding clunk got my youngest son's attention.

I also learned that it's hard to breath now, laid flat out.

Nothing broken. My rump's more than a tad sore.

My head's fine, but I need to check the floor for dents ...

So the moral is to be very careful picking things up off the floor.

Oh Greg I am sorry! Hope you are not even more sore tomorrow!
We seem to have an epidemic of falls recently. Be careful everyone!

I just sat on the john and when my tailbone hit the seat, o damn. 8^O#

I feel you Greg, I can get down but getting up is too much.

Getting down is too, too easy.
Getting back up needs 'intervention'; had my son not been here to lift I would have had to scoot over to the stairs.

I'm a bit worried to think what would have happened if I'd knocked myself out. Breathing on my back was just shy of impossible...

Nooooo!

My PALS still gets around well with cane and OFAs, but that bending over to pick things up off the floor is already off the table. The core just won't get him back up.

Greg, please take care--hope you don't remain sore for long.

Greg, your description made a disastrous event humorous! That kind of attitude must help you each and every day!

Donna, if I can't laugh at this thing, it's won. 8^)

I told you not to do it.....glad nothing is broken. I find the funk (depression about falling) to be worse than the damage from the fall.
I went on a 225 mile ride on my trike today, with my MC club. It was 103 F, but better than sitting home and feeling bad because I can't do anything...... my wife thinks I am crazy for going because my arm is broken from my last fall two weeks back. I just had too go!

Crying before I can turn it into a laugh Greg.

I hope you haven't done damage to your tailbone, they hurt for a long time if you damage the bone. OK I won't even think on that.

No more bending, I can see you got that one. So glad your son was at home, being suddenly flat on a floor is no good.

OK I'm over the shock and appreciating your humour a lot now :)

I'm pretty sure nothing is broken but my rump is getting sorer (is that a word?)by the hour. Wonderful: I can't stand and now I can't sit. Anyone know how to levitate?

Good for you, Big M! I do miss my bike ... my middle son has it and he put a trick paint job on it. I'll post the pics here and in a Harley forum when I get them.

Greg, Maybe it is time for a scooter around the house! after you can sit on your sore bum of course.

Well, hell, it seems like these falls are inevitable no matter how hard we try. So glad it wasn't worse, Greg. Fear of falling was a big part of my agreeing to pwc.

greg it's along ways down. we had 80 to 90 mph winds came through the other day. i went out to see what all happen to the house. well i fell in the grass on the side of the house. i was there for along time till my son david came over. the worse thing happen to me was all the chiggers got me bad. i should of been in my chair but it was to wet for it. i guess we should be called the fallers.

I'm pretty sure nothing is broken but my rump is getting sorer (is that a word?)by the hour. Wonderful: I can't stand and now I can't sit. Anyone know how to levitate?

Good for you, Big M! I do miss my bike ... my middle son has it and he put a trick paint job on it. I'll post the pics here and in a Harley forum when I get them.

Hey Greg.....look at it from the glass half full perspective. You could have awakened in Tijuana with a sore ass and a bad tattoo........ see you got lucky. It is all about perspective: shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back