Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
This is the first visit to our new home. Looks great and a bit different but I'm sure we'll all find our way around quickly. I like the way the new members list looks and it will be easier to look up someone's information when you need it. Some one last week asked about the E-triloquist program being suitable for laptop use. I asked the IT guy at the Toronto Rehab Center while there for software and hardware for ALS patients and he said that it is designed for PC use and laptop sound cards are different so it probably won't work. He was not entirely familiar with the product but got that impression from their website.
Once again welcome to all.
Al.

Hi Al!

Looks good to me! I found the old site pretty slow, whether it was the server or my computer, I'm not sure.
Talk to you on the boards!
Cheers!

I agree, it was a combination of the server being on a high traffic site and the forum software being hosted on a Windows server instead of Linux.

Windows (Microsoft) is good, but PHP code always runs better on Linux.

You'll notice this forum software is quite different; it takes a little getting used to, but once you do I think you'll like it much better.

And yes, this server is blazing fast and can support 100,000's of users.

Thanks again David. I'm just surfing around the site to find out where everything is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks pretty good so far. We'll all get use to it.
Now, Al, you are a 'gift from god' and a moderator so I suppose that means no more flirting with the subordinates.

I don't think I'll stop flirting until they put my dead butt in the oven. Even up till then there is always the Hummer LOL

Hello Al,
This place sure is lonely, I hope everyone ambles over sooner than later.
I think this site is so fresh looking and we have David to send questions to that he responds to in good time, that's my experience.
Anyway, I am one of the newer members onboard and I don't think I will be missed but Monday a.m.(tomorrow) I am having major jaw surgery and will be wired together for 2 weeks, I plan to get back online as soon as I feel up to it.
I have a 16 yr. old step-daughter living temporarily in Belleville,ONTARIO!
I appreciate the wise words and knowledge you have contributed to the forums.

Take care, chew a steak for me.

This reminds me of a movie I used to like, I'm sure you're all familiar with it.

"If you build it, they will come"

I hope people take the time to migrate over, if not, may be new people will join us.

Yea I saw it too. But it was a Simpson's episode and Homer said it.

Good luck with the surgery Sarah. Hope everything goes OK.

Nice site - handles well - could use a couple of more cup holders - but otherwise great.

Good luck with the surgery Sarah. I'm sure it will go well. After the operation - whatever you do - don't laugh.

Did you ever hear the one about two peanuts walking down the street and one of them was assaulted?

I've also applied to be a moderator - and if accepted the first thing I'm going to do is delete all posts containing any reference to "Hummer". I've seen that topic come up a number of times in this forum. That kind of language has no place on this type of forum - especially in this environmentally conscious age. It's a crime how much gas those things use up. And if any of you are actually referring to anything other than an automobile (like a gazoo maybe) - shame on you all. :)

Al - you are joking about the quote: "If you build it, they will come" originally coming from the Simpsons - right?

RICHARD

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if he said it first but Homer did say it in one of the episodes. Hummers are getting smaller and don't use as much fuel as the original. If you thought anything else wash your mind out with soap.

Hey Al,

I'm impressed to hear that you're a fan of the Simpsons. I figured that all old timers such as yourself just watched reruns of "I Love Lucy" - or "All in the Family" if they were really progressive. (actually - I love watching reruns of I Love Lucy)

The "If you build it, they will come" is taken from the movie "Field of Dreams" which was based on the book "Shoeless Joe" by W.P Kinsella.

The premise is very silly - but the film and the book are both great escapist fiction - especially if you like baseball.

The "it" is a baseball field. The "they" are the 1919 Chicago Black Sox.

Kevin Costner is great in the film - its pre his post Dances with Wolves pretentiousness. Great performances by James Earl Jones and Burt Lancaster as well.

It's one of those movies I can watch over and over again. It leaves you with a warm fuzzy feeling. (Boy - I'm a big tough guy aren't I?)

Richard

Actually now that you have filled in the blanks I do remember seeing the film and enjoying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back