Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Ontario
Hey everyone. For the past week I’ve just been having some weird symptoms. It actually all started about 5 weeks ago when I felt super weird, almost like I was about to pass out. My left leg went a little numb and I assumed I was having a panic attack. After about an hour I was able to pull myself together and get home. 2 days later I’m just sitting on my couch and that overwhelmed feeling came back and I felt tightness in my right upper jaw. After about 5 minutes my right face went numb and a little tingly for about 10 minutes. I still felt some tingling in my hands so I decided to go to the doctors.

The doctor pretty much brushed me off and I got some blood work done which all came back fine. For the next several weeks weird symptoms would come and go, left ankle would get a warm feeling for a few days which stopped.

What brings me here is last week all of the weird symptoms I was having had stopped. I started feeling super minor twitches in my legs and I was like that’s kinda weird it will probably just go away.

It’s been about 6 days now and I have a constant twitch in my left calf, if I look at it there’s a tiny twitch every couple seconds which occurs constantly. I get tiny twitches in my right calf, feet, shoulders and I’ve felt bigger ones in my buttocks and back. Of course when you google fasciculation I’ve seen a lot of people mentioned they began in there feet/calves and were constant which is super similar to what I’m going through right now.

I’m not asking for a diagnoses I’m just a little worried and was looking for some feedback.

nah twitches mean absolutely nothing so you are fine

have a good read of this through twice, as there is a lot to take in, but it will answer any questions you have and it helps our paralysed PALS breathing with machines not to have to answer the same things over and over and is really thorough to give you good info

I appreciate the quick response. I def read through that. I’ve just seen a lot of “first symptom stories” with twitching being the first symptom than muscle loss being after and the only reason I’ve been worried is how long the twitches have been occurring for.

Twitches can occur for years and mean nothing. Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. Anxiety can make twitching worse as can caffeine, dehydration, and over exertion. Hydration and gentle stretching can be helpful. See a doctor if you’re concerned.

Okay thank you very much. Would muscle function failure be something that is noticeable right away as well as the twitching?. I haven’t noticed any loss in muscle use.

no read the link again - that is our official position. anything else you read on the internet you are welcome to read, but we won't keep arguing it. we've answered your concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back