Weird Symptoms please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, I drove myself crazy googling every little thing that happened to me. I probably still overdo it. I decided that living and loving my family was more important and also that researching things was not making anything better. I'm not saying accept what's happening, I'm too stubborn for that! I talk to my Doctors and keep them aware of what's happening with me but, I trust them to know more than I do. I've found that none of this happens at the speed we want and patience is a lifesaver. If it is ALS/PLS/MND, there is nothing we can do about that and we need to work with that diagnosis and make the best of things. Good luck to you.

Question... Did the Neuro who did the first EMG schedule the second EMG or
did you see another Neuro?

It's unusual after a first clean EMG that another would be scheduled just a
month later. So many have to wait months after an initial clean EMG to be
scheduled for a second by the same Neuro.

Hope you can finally put your worry of ALS/PLS/MND behind you in the
weeks ahead.

Same Neuro he agreed to do it because I was like begging him and he’s kinda of an ass probably wants the money, God knows how much it will cost if insurance only covers 1 a year. I almost feel like I should go to the hospital for shortness of breathe but I realize could be diaphragm weakness. I understand these symptoms tend to not come on at once. But odds seem slim that extreme weightloss, weakness from face down to foot on left side, fasciculations and now breathing difficulty w normal oxygen levels comes from a virus. I am trying to just “live life” but very uncomfortable. Tele-doc tomorrow w Neuro.

Wow, honestly, just stop.
You beg your doctor then call him an ass that just wants money.
You need to leave here now, that is beyond the disrespect we need to read.
Get help, but we are done.

I apologize did not mean to be disrespectful. Just at a loss of hope. Hopefully find answer soon. Sorry.

There is no reason to have "loss of hope". If that's what you have, that speaks to more depressive symptoms that I strongly urge you seek help for. You don't have ALS, via lack of symptoms, clean clinical exams, and clean EMG. Again, I strongly urge you to seek professional help to move past your sense of hopelessness. Please don't post again.

c12345, Really?

As you wrote...

"Same Neuro he agreed to do it because I was like begging him and he’s
kinda of an ass probably wants the money, God knows how much it will cost if
insurance only covers 1 a year."

" and he’s kinda of an ass." I think it really might be someone else here.

(Bet he'd sure like to read that one. Some Neuros do follow this forum on
their off time, they don't post... just read. And they can have a pretty good idea
who's who of their own. I'm almost for sure mine does and probably the
well known Dr. Bedlack.)

You're probably one of his first with someone begging for another EMG.
He most likely said to himself, "Ok.... it's his dime, he doesn't believe me,
so we'll do it again." In his profession... I doubt he's even concerned about
money.

You've worked yourself into a serious state of depression, health anxiety yet
you're concerned about money? Take out a loan or find a way to cover any
cost being you are so serious about ALS.. A progressive terminal disease.

No need to reply. Get help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back