Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Glendale
Hy every one I have read the rules and the before you post, I try to have extreme respect for those who have been diagnosed with this disease.

Im a 22yo jet mechanic and I'm also an Air Force veteran, while in the Air Force I was active and supper into fitness, never skipped the gym and out of no where I noticed that I got more tired as the days went on to the point that I would skip the gym entirely for days because of my fatigue, and one day I noticed that my bicep would just twitch when at rest, didn't pay attention to it, then after that my left pinky toe and my foot started to twitch and a quick google search showed me ALS, and that they are called fasciculations, the Air Force didn't care and the doc said it was anxiety.

for 4 months I stayed the same, and I went to a neurologist who checked my reflexed and said they were a little brisk but didn't t mean anything. and I told him about my calf fasciculations and he did noticed a small degree of atrophy. got me an MRI and came clear, also at this point my face started to twitch every once in a while, some times my chin other times my eyebrows, but mainly my lower eyelids and then I started to have middle ear myoclonus, that sounded like heart beats. a month after that I noticed my voice could not reach the voice range it used to in the past, I can still swallow normal. an EMG test reviled that my left Sural sensory nerve was slower than it should have and I also have carpet tuned on both arms but he didn't gave much attention to it, for a month my fasciculations decreased and my fatigue got better, but it has come back,

I've also noticed some ccognitive problems like decreased short term memory, and I'm also constipated at least twice a week. at first I was really scared from ALS but now I really don care what this is, but want to find out what this is so I can treat it, I don't have any weakness of any kind other than my fatigue and my voice. sorry if I violated any of the rules as I try to be respectful to those who have ALS and to those who care for them. does this sound like any ALS related symptoms?

thank you for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Omar, from your post,

",,. and a quick google search showed me ALS, and that they are called fasciculations,
the Air Force didn't care and the doc said it was anxiety."

" and the doc said it was anxiety."

I doubt anyone here is going to disagree with a doctor."

"... an EMG test reviled that my left Sural sensory nerve was slower than it
should have and I also have carpet tuned on both arms but he didn't gave
much attention to it," No mention of ALS.

I doubt anyone here is going to disagree with a Neurologist."

".... I'm also constipated at least twice a week."

I doubt no matter how much you have consulted Dr. Google did
you see that constipation is a symptom of ALS.... but you threw
that one in too. That is more a symptom of Health Anxiety.

Finally, if you also did considerable reading you must of seen that
the odds of a 22 year old having ALS is rare to the 10th power
being that ALS is a rare disease itself.

Work with your doctors.

Last edited:
Hi Omar
I think the read before posting message really answered everything well, as did your doctor.
If you are really worried, please do go straight back to your doctor and be very honest with your concerns so they can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back