Weird symptoms and I am scared

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were, as affected says, as bad as you claim, the doctors would have spotted your severe atrophy and clinical weakness immediately upon clinical exam. Atrophy that bad is very noticeable. As for your reference to the past thread, I skimmed it and the poster, as Nikki said, was dishonest about his diagnosis. It takes a very disturbed individual to lie about having a terminal illness. There's actually been one in the past month on this forum, but thankfully folks like that are few and far between.

As for your lack of ALS symptoms, I can't see why you would be diagnosed given that you've not evidenced ALS to date, both through lack of subjective and objective presentations.

In any case, please stop by once you've had your EMG and share the good news that you do not have this disease.

Until then, take good care.

I have a very severe Facial muscle weakness. I am having hard time closing my eyes , smiling, squinting or making any kind of facial expression as the muscles will shake/tremble uncontrollably. The tongue fasciculation and jaw trembling with teeth chattering/grinding is the worst and the scary part! I don’t think it’s clonus tho, I think my teeth chattering/grinding is due to my jaw muscles being weak. Like my teeths are naturally grinding and I sometimes wake up to my teeth chattering. Its very uncomfortable every time I speak maybe because of the tongue quivering and facial muscle weakness.Therefore I have to talk very slowly.

It was probably about half a year ago, that I realized my eye muscles would constantly tremble or shake when I would close it, yes the eyelid or the eye muscle constantly trembles when I try to sleep! for god knows how long it was there for. I didn’t think nothing of it because I knew googling would be the worst idea. The eyelid/eye muscle constantly trembling when closing it trying to sleep. Whenever I try to smile or try to make a facial expression my cheeks/ facial muscles near it will tremble, even when I try to stick my tongue out the muscles near my mouth and lips shakes uncontrollably. I was wondering if anyone living with als has/had this? eye muscle trembling upon closure and facial muscle trembling? I am guessing it’s due to a nerve damage?

I also have a atrophy, it’s visible in the left hand forearm and thenar muscle where the weakness is. About 2,3 people have said that my left hand looked smaller then right, which i can feel it and is visibly noticeable. I am unable to lift objects I use to lift without problem, but the good thing is it’s still functional. However if I try to lift something heavy or grip something my forearm muscle just doesn’t support it due to weakness, it’s the weakness pain discomfort feeling in the forearm muscle where the tendon ends literally where the atrophy is. It happens when I try to make a really hard fist as well and pressing a volume buttons on my phone is a struggle. Where as on the right hand forearm, I don’t get the same weakness feeling while trying to lift the same thing. However when I am working the right hand shoulder pain will literally paralyze the whole right hand for about 2,3 days. I work weekends. I’ll be unable to use my right hand For 2 days until the shoulder pains completely gone.

My one of the first symptoms were in fingers, I don’t know if it’s the tendons, nerves or the bones inside the fingers, I would feel the cracking sensation every time I would stretch my fingers on both hands. It has progressed so much that I don’t even need to stretch it now I feel the bones or tendons rubbing on skin every time I am using my hands. It’s very annoying the cracking joints, finger shoulder every single joints cracks. Where as on the right hand only finger and shoulder joint cracks. So my question is what is the cracking popping rubbing sensation that I feel in my fingers is it the muscle fasiculating causing the bones or tendons to tremble or is it the tendons being lose because of muscle tightness or is it the nerves I just need to know since it’s very annoying.

I am just very convinced at this point, I wasn’t very clear on my symptoms on the thread that I posted a month ago, I mean why are my muscles atrophying and tongue quivering, literally every post that I followed where the muscle weakness followed by atrophy and tongue fasiculating turns out to be this terrible disease. I can’t even sleep good because of my eye muscle trembling non stop it’s crazy nor I can smile. I can’t even do normal exercises like push-ups due to trembling. Fingers trembling, stiff neck finger I literally have all the symptoms. I feel like exercising just makes it hard. I am sorry for the very long post, month and half ago I was referred to neuro by pcp, said they were going to call me in a week it’s been about month and half no one has contacted me just looking for answers in this forum. It’s actually crazy to think that I had a simply teeth chattering and chest tightness 4 years ago. I still have it don’t know how the Chest tightness is related to this disease, 4 clear X-rays and endoscopy...

Last edited:
Hello-

Your previous thread was still open, so I moved your new post to the existing thread to keep things tidy.

You need to immediately get to your doctor. If symptoms are as severe as you report you need to be clinically examined right now. Whatever this is will be treatable.
As you know however, it isn't anything like ALS.
Please take care and get help, I can see you are suffering.

Hiitsme.... you got a two pager going on now.

"month and half ago I was referred to neuro by pcp, said they were going to call me in a week
it’s been about month and half no one has contacted me just looking for answers in this forum."

It's not up to us... you call your pcp. I'm amazed it isn't something you haven't done by now.

You've been answered here... numerous times.

Yes, your replies are long. Ugh.

There is no sense to reply again until you've seen a Neuro. Nothing more from you is going to
change anyone's mind here.

Until then, If you do... there's a chance your thread maybe closed for your own good.

Thankyou so much for your reply, I was really trying to stay off the internet until I would have gotten the results and come back with the good news, but these symptoms are only progressing, but I’ll make an appointment with my pcp again, I actually did call my PCP one of her assistance said she would not be able to do anything besides send me to neuro which I had to wait for. But isn’t it weird that my first initial neurological symptom was teeth chattering about 4 years ago followed by chest discomfort, even a piece of fabrics discomforts my chest muscles despite having 4 clean x rays and endoscopy the these discomfort is still there. 4 years of symptoms mimicking als... I’ll try to stay off the internet again until I see my pcp. What’s bothering me the most is eye and facial muscle trembling, any PALS that has this? Mine is very extreme.Also the finger cracking sensation ugh.
Please do no close the thread as I will not write until I get seen by health professional. Thank you. Praying for everyone have a good day/night!

Last edited:
Please do come back after your appointment and let us know what they say. There really is not much more this forum can do for you, though- It might be helpful to speak with your family doctor about addressing your anxiety while you wait. It's hard to wait for a long time when it's clear your worry is affecting you day to day activities. But really, this forum is not a good place to return to to receive anxiety support or repeated reassurance, especially as it's clear to the people here that ALS is not the issue and remaining and engaging here will only increase anxiety.

Please take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back