00/0000
Country
TR
State
AD
City
Adana
To my inspirations and Lovelies,
First of all, a big hello! This is my first message and thread here. I want to tell you that I love you all... :)
I have general anxiety and depression and ALS is one of my worst fears in mother earth because what it makes people go through. This last month was a tornado of events for me. I injured my neck at first, then felt pain on my lower back as well. Doctor said they were not that important because there were to trapped nerves etc.
After the injury though, I was under too much stress that my muscles started fasciculating endeslly. Especially my both calf muscles are constantly twitching and they have static and tight feeling. Also I can't really see some of these twitches but I can feel they are happening like worms crawling under my skin.
Beginning from yesterday, I have began to have this weird burning sensation on the bottom of my both feet, calves and my arms and they have travelled their way on the back of my head and they were gone. This painful sensation is recurring from time to time.
I got my blood checked and everything is fine and there are no deficiencies.
Today I went to see a neurologist but she told me to come 10 days later for EMG, but I can't wait because these weird things are making my anxiety worse.
From what I have read so far in this beautiful forum, these are not really typical signs of ALS, but can they be? Or can I feel these things because of long term anxiety and depression?

Hi there,

I am hoping you are receiving treatment for your mental health, as this is a primary concern. It has prompted you to post on a forum for folk with a terminal disease and their caregivers to seek reassurance- despite there being a "Read Before Posting" thread that outlines what ALS is and how it affects people, including signs to be concerned by and what symptoms point away. The urge to seek reassurance is a powerful itch to scratch when you are experiencing health anxiety, it's important you find a way to reduce your anxiety while you wait for your EMG. Burning and pain do not point to ALS. There are other things that cause such sensations, but not a motor control issue.

Thanks a lot for the answer :) I read "Can this be ALS" at least 10 times but I guess my anxiety got the better of me. I will also post my EMG results next week after seeing my neurogolist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back