helen22

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
FI
Hi everyone!

My symptoms have started quite rapidly. I have not yet seen a doctor, but sooner or later I need to if my symptoms wont’t go away. (I’m also a foreigner, so please excuse me for all the mistakes I make typing).

I’m 22 years old, so quite young to have ALS, but I know it’s not impossible. 2,5 weeks ago I started having body twitching all over, starting from my left calf. Twitching spreaded rapidly and soon my whole body (both legs, back, gluteal muscle, stomach, basically everything) was twitching. I had a very stressful situation a few days before, so I thought it might be some kind of reaction to that. When it didn’t go away in a few days I started taking magnesium which helped for a moment.

My twitching started on Friday, and on Monday I felt weak on my right arm for the whole day. When I woke up on Tuesday the arm was fine.

Also on Tuesday I noticed that while sitting leg crossed over another the crossed leg (left leg) would shake. I also have poorer balance on my left leg while standing on one foot. Left leg starts shaking more easily, which leads me thinking maybe it’s weaker? I started examining my left foot and noticed that it seemed to be thinner under my toes than my right foot. I have a bit of flat foot, so it might also be because of that.

The twitching has changed. I think the magnesium took away the small fasciculations, but now I have random twitching which actually moves the limb.

Last Friday, two weeks after the twitching started, I was at a restaurant eating pizza. For some reason cutting the pizza made my right arm tired and weak and it still is weird feeling. Also the fingers on both of my hands shake, but the shaking is a lot worse on my right hand.

I don’t know what’s happening. A few weeks ago I was completely fine and I didn’t have any symptoms. It might be that because of the twitching I’ve noticed the problems with my left foot, but it hasn’t affected my walking. I’m scared and I can’t focus on anything. I know I haven’t even seen a doctor yet, but the symptoms are so scary and real.

My question is: would the ALS symptoms actually start this fast and the arm weakness so randomly, in one moment? If I didn’t have any muscle on my left foot, would I be able to walk without it slapping on the ground?

Thank you so much for your help and answers.

Answer - NO
Read this please

Now, go see a doctor. Why would it be more appropriate to ask the terminally ill to try and figure this out, than to see a doctor?
I wish you all the very best, it's nothing like ALS as you will see in the link above, so that's fantastic news for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back