Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
WV
City
Sandyville
All of you were so supportive to me when I had that long hospital stay back in December for the placement of my feeding tube. Just wanted to let you all know that the first of the year I had dropped from 142 lbs down to 129 lbs. happy to report that I have gained all the weight back I lost. Back to 142 lbs. sorry to have to report my legs are going fast but at least the Power Wheel Chair is in the works. Had the evaluation at Duke, had the home demo of the chairs along with the fitment so hopefully it's in the works.

Thanks again everyone.

Vince

Wonderful news about the weight!

May your new wheels bring you relief from fatigue.

Vince that is a great result to gain that much weight back!

You had a really hard adjustment period after that difficult peg fitting, but you have done incredibly well to push through like this. Must be that wonderful soup you described :)

It is tough to then put that against the legs failing, but you know how many PALS here have expanded their quality of life hugely by getting a chair and getting on with enjoying more as they stop wasting energy and taking risks. I hope they can get it moving fast, weeks rather than months.

Thanks for updating, I often wonder how you are doing after that awful period you had.

Greetings from the other Vince. My weight has dropped from 280 to 255. Size 52 jacket to 48. I know the rule about not losing but I have to say I don't mind it. I'm setting up an appointment with a dietitian, but I did need to lose a couple.
Vincent

So glad to hear you are back at baseline weight, Vince.

Best,
Laurie

Hey Vince, way to go man, your tough. Now that PWC will be your new thing and it will serve you well. My wife and I were in the cranberry wilderness yesterday down the south fork trail real easy for a PWC and my most favorite place in the world. Go Vince. Love ya man chally

Ho yea what kind did ya get? Mine is a frontier v6 w/ knobby tires, goes almost any where.

My left leg weighs as much as Vince!

Attachments

• congrats flashing.gif
    congrats flashing.gif
    71.1 KB · Views: 133
Great news Vince!

Steve

Thanks for bringing yet another smile to my face Big Mark! (well on the inside as my face won't smile anymore). Steve I appreciate you more than you know. And thanks to Chally too (guess I used up all my thanks as my button disappeared). Chally wish I could have gotten a chair like yours as my favorite place is Dolly Sods and Canaan Valley. I only had two choices, a Permobil F3 or Permobil M300. Went with the M300 as the F3 was too tippy and wouldn't even go through my gravel driveway without getting hung up.

Vince

Hey Vince, well now git out in that thing! Adventures abound, my two rules in all I do are have fun and don't git hurt. Often I break them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back