Country
US
State
Texas
City
Pinehurst
I think the Past Caregivers forum.

"Weavie's Mum"
2 months have gone by since I last saw my mum. This photo was taken 3 months ago. I miss her everyday. Although I know she is gone, it still seems surreal that I'm not going to see her again.

I have found it hard to think of anything MND, but this is improving day by day.

A well known AFL coach and past player here in Australia announced a couple of days ago that he has MND and was interviewed on the TV. It was very emotional for me to see this as I know the road ahead for him and it brought the road my family travelled back to life. The positive is that he going to use his popularity to raise awareness of the disease in Australia.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone suffering this horrible disease and to all their families and caregivers living by their side.

Weavie xx

Laurel

I think the Past Caregivers forum.

"Weavie's Mum"
2 months have gone by since I last saw my mum. This photo was taken 3 months ago. I miss her everyday. Although I know she is gone, it still seems surreal that I'm not going to see her again.

I have found it hard to think of anything MND, but this is improving day by day.

A well known AFL coach and past player here in Australia announced a couple of days ago that he has MND and was interviewed on the TV. It was very emotional for me to see this as I know the road ahead for him and it brought the road my family travelled back to life. The positive is that he going to use his popularity to raise awareness of the disease in Australia.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone suffering this horrible disease and to all their families and caregivers living by their side.

Weavie xx

Laurel

Attachments

• DSC_0125.jpg
    DSC_0125.jpg
    918.9 KB · Views: 309
Did you post this for Laurel Max?

One of my very few fellow aussies here, hugs Laurel.

Our son Alister was quickly brought to tears when the AFL coach talked about his recently. Chris was born in Melbourne so they are an AFL family and Al said it was seeing his hands that undid him ...
Beautiful photo of you and your mum. It takes a long time to get past the burning raw pain of loss, I don't know how long, I'm sure not past it!

>Did you post this for Laurel Max?

yup, she was having pic probs :)

Thank you for posting for me Max
xx

>Thank you for posting for me Max

anytime!

>Laurel.

don't forget to come back for tea!

What a beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing with us.

A woman at work told me that her cousin was just diagnosed. I was more distraught then she was : '(

Amy that's probably because this poor woman doesn't really know what the diagnosis means and what is ahead ... you DO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back