Diagnosis
02/2009
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Plano
I seem to struggle with breathing when weather fronts move through. Does anyone else notice this?

I usually get a stuffy nose when weather changes and that makes it difficult to breate. I use Vicks vapor stick (and sometimes generic Zrytek because October through February I have this problem here in Virginia. )

I breathe through my nose mostly because my jaw gets clenched often with the bulbar stuff.

Thank you. I start losing autonomic nervous system with my temp bouncing 98-101, bp 108/72-202/160, heart rate 60-135 and just random throughout the day. I ask the hospice folks and the standard answer is time to get comfortable and medicate out. Getting off the methadone and working on finding a neurologist again. Feel good today after front moved through. High pressure is my dream. :D

Woah! Those variances in your vital signs are not ALS issues....

And I don't think they are methadone issues, either. That is a serious stroke-out BP. Have they tried to see what is going on? The 108/72 is perfectly normal--but a diastolic over 115 is considered critically high.... Please get it checked--sooner rather than later!

The hospice folks say to increase the methadone, get comfortable and it will soon be over! HUH? I dip my head in a sink full of ice water and it comes down within 20 seconds. I have not even seen a hospice nurse for 3 weeks now. I hear what you say but nobody seems too concerned but me. My normal BP for 30-40 years has been 112/76.

I like High pressure too Ed. Not High blood pressure though.
The people at hospice should be ashamed... Stay medicated and I will soon be over... Jeesh

I would definitely look into getting new neuro and praying for you to be heard. Stand up for yourself and let them know you will not go quietly. Get that BP under control. Very dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back