Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
ONtario
City
London
Quick question...

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around leg weakness. Obviously, if you can't walk on it, easy to understand. However, legs being what they are, how is weakness noticeable before that point when there is atrophy present?

I ask because the atrophy in my right leg is obvious to everyone, but other than a limp and difficulty going up the stairs, I can still flex the leg to a certain degree, although not quite as easily or as well as the other leg.

I am also having thumb twitches in my right hand, with noticeable decrease in the "crease muscle" and some webbing.

I am studiously avoiding the doctor until I have my second opinion in August, but I was just curious about the actual dynamics and progression.

Thanks

Lori

I noticed my leg weakness getting off a low chair toilet and getting off the floor from a knee before I saw atrophy about a year later If thats what you asking

I didn't limp but on stairs would have to grab the railing and pull myself up the stairs. That's leg weakness. If you look at the top of the General Discussion Forum you will see a sticky named Hand Atrophy pictures. Click on page 3 of it and in post # 40 there is a link with some pictures. Hope this helps.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back