Sept. 06
Country
US
State
Oregon
City
Salem
Hi everybody,
My neck muscles are getting weaker everyday. I have an appt. on the 31st to fit for a head support. Was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what i can do until then as my head is getting very heavy.

Hi, sorry do hear about your difficulty with your neck. I tried to PM you, but it seems
I do not have enough posts yet. This is probably something you thought of yourself,
try rolling up a towel and putting it around your neck, maybe that will give it some support. best wishes Cornelia

My neck muscle tire fairly easily so I picked up one of the travel pillows from Walmart to help support. I think it cost $8 and is fairly comfortable.

On another thread a CAL posted directions to make stable neck pillows. I must really be losing it tonight since I can't remember the CAL's name. Sorry but I know it came from one of my favorite PM'ers. I'm just a bowl of jello right now and I really didn;t have such a busy day either. LOL. Cindy

Look for a post called "Neck brace-- home made collar" or for posts by a member called landscape. She gives very detailed instructions for how to make a collar to support the head that is more comfortable and effective than any of the commercial braces my dad had to endure.

Thank you

Thanks so much for your help. I will look through the other forums for any advice and will check out walmart.

weak neck

I am going through the same thing with my neck.Sitting at the computer or watching t.v. is no problem.But walking has become a challenge.My legs are fine.I just have to stop and kind of take a minute to get my head back in position.I was fitted for a neck brace and the store had to order two_One is the one you see being used quite often.The foam rubber one inside with some white fabric and velcro to secure it.The other one is hard to descibe.It has a place for my chin.It has a metal frame that rests on my chest, and then you put your chin on the rest.Not impressed.The soft foam rubber one is okay.Jeff the travel pillow frm Walmart sounds like something I should try. Thanks.A.L.S. sure gives us some challenges.

I've been having some bad "headaches" lately that start in the back of my neck and radiate upwards. Do you think that could be because neck muscles are getting weak? I had not even thought of that before. They are especially bad after car travel.

Could be. I usually have a sore neck after about an hour ride in the van.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back