• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

We Lost our ALS Fight 7/28/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
sympathy to jessica

jessica,

my husband, a very young and formerly very healthy, is also losing his battle with limb onset als, and i pray every night that the Lord will not let him suffer, and that he will find peace when his time comes. his illness has lasted 2 and a half years now, and he is bedfast completely, has to be fed, and is on a bipap machine 24/7. it is an awful life for him - a man that loved life and being outdoors working on his garden and the yard.

i also lost a husband in '94 from lukemia and my heart broke then also; and i never thought about remarrying, but became reacquainted with a high school friend in 1999 and married him in 2001. we have been so very very happy together, traveled, and just fell soooo in love with each other and found such joy in each other. four years into the marriage, he came down with als, and it has been an uphill battle.

i truly don't think he will be here much longer, so i will be going through the horrible grief some of you have already gone through. my heart goes out to you and your family and i also lift you up for comfort and peace in God'precious love, Jackiemax

Jessica,
I am so very sorry about what has happened with your father. First, the devastating news when he first received his diagnosis in February, thus shattering your dreams of him walking you down the aisle at your wedding on October 25th, and then the very rapid progression with the additional debilitation of him getting so sick from the Rilutek.
Your heart must be breaking. This has been such a painful journey for you. May you find comfort in sharing your grief with your family and fiance. There are no adequate words to describe how sorry I am for you.
Peace,
Jane

Jackie,
I have PM'd you. Your story is so tragic.
Jane

Prayers to You

Jessica,

Way to be there with him till the end, i know your being there helped him cross over that much easier ! Way To Go ! You Did Great !

Shane

truly sorry

I am truly sorry for the loss of your husband. Treasure all the precious memories in your heart forever. God blessed you with a wonderful vacation together. I will keep you in my prayers. Patty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back