sdsyd

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
sd
City
piedmont
My daughters teacher called this morning and told me that Hannah has been chosen for Student of the Month! It is a surprise for her and she wont know until the assembly on Friday when we are sitting in the bleachers that she got it. And another BRAG BRAG BRAG- she is in 2nd grade and this is the 3rd year she has gotten it on the first month of school! :O) I am so proud!

My 6th grader has gotten it every year also, but he usually gets it the last month of school for some reason!

Each month they chose 1 student from each class to be student of the month. And there are waaaay more than 12 students in the class so mine are obviously superb beings.! LOLOLOL

My oldest (15) was getting ready to head out this morning when I got the call and he said he wished he would have had the camcorder and put it on youtube for the worlds most psycho Mom. I told him to " Have a great day, wear your seat belt and dont plan on coming home unless you have an award in your hand, boy!" ha ha ha ha. He laughed and laughed.

WAY TO GO !

Obviously, you have a created a very superior collection of children. Do you have to keep it a secret from Hannah? I wouldn't be able to stop hinting and hugging and winking, etc. I'd never make it to Friday ! :)

Big congrats!
BethU

congratulations

you must be so proud of your children.
it is great when we see our children doing so well.
its not just the children having great brains that make them thrive and do so well in life,but having a stable loving family behind them.
my son has just finished 3yrs at college and is now a qualified motor vehicle technition,car mechanic to us lol.
he is in the process of sending copies of his certificates and cv to main dealerships like bmw,once he gets in one he can work his way to the top.
he has thought about working abroad,they have advertised for mechanics in australia,newzealand and canada.
he will have to take me with him of course.
take good care.
caroline:-D

You guys are the greatest. Yes- we have to keep it a secret!

The proud moments of parenting are a thrill, aren't they?They certainly make up for the challenges of parenting! When I am at my wits end in a parenting dilemna I shout " Somebody bring in the "real" mom now!"

I am a "Love and Logic" parent- any of you in my club?

Caroline- is he close enough to work on your cars?

Hey, congrats! I agree that the proud moments make up for the challenges. My daughter is now 15, so there can be quite a few hand wringing trying times, but I am fortunate too, in that she is a great kid most of the time! And yes, Love and Logic is wonderful. I do have a difficult time implementing it sometimes tho. Good luck keeping that secret!

hi sdsyd

he is still at home ,i dont think i will ever get rid of him.
or at least untill he finds someone as good a cook as his mum and obviously someone who passes my inspection lol.
its sooooooooooo hard trying to keep a secret when your so excited,you give it away by grinning like a cheshire cat all the time.
i hope you last out till friday.
take good care.
caroline:-D

Congrats to Hannah! What a great secret to have to keep!

While we are on our kids, my second grade son is going to participate in "field day" this thursday! He will be in the dash, relay, and broad jump! I have never gotten to watch this event when our older boys did it, so I'm going to plan on going to watch this one!

Isn't it funny what our kids can get us to do?

Count your blessings!
Hugs,
brenda

Give Hannah a big hug from all of us! Great job!

wow, that is great!

I dont even know how this would feel! I am always called to the office or getting a note sent home! I was blessed with a strong willed son! let me tell you there has never been a dull moment since he was 10 months old! He is strong willed and wants to be funny. (he is the next Jim Carey). He is always getting into trouble for his talking or Jokes. He has alot of friends and very social, this is a down fall. We can never predict what he will do next. The people at church or his school know him by name! I have taken parenting classes, read books, talked to doctors and teachers--anyone, and his will can not be broke, nor would we want it to be. He has gotten better and with the right direction I think he could be anything. My other son is soo shy and sweet. It has been great this year going to school for the younger one and NOT having that pit in my stomach of what the teacher will say, this is new. I think he could be a student of the year soon.
I guess I am getting paypacks from my youth.
anyway, congrats!

How wonderful! You should be so proud, I can see from your e-mail that you are beeming!
Jeannie

Congrats to Hannah! Great Job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back