Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
Unless you are under 20 years old, I am declaring a 3 day ban on anyone posting any questions or whining about symptoms. It's Christmas and a joyous time of year to spend time with your families. If I can do it in a wheelchair, barely able to feed myself, well you can forget about a few twitches and what you think is wrong with you. Have a Merry Christmas. Who knows, if you're right and the Neuro is wrong, it might be your last.

AL

Merry Christmas Al. I admire you and your strong will, sense of humour, and just you being you.
Laurel

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring except AL who was trying to get away from the damn computer to see his granddaughter b4 she goes to bed. Quit posting you guys. I'm the kind of guy that has to make sure everything is OK with everybody. See you after Boxing Day. But spammers beware, AL Like Santa, knows when you're naughty.
And to all a Good Night.

AL.

Granpa my friend, I totally agree with you, I for one am getting a little tired of the Nervous Nellies taking over this forum.. I want to take this time to think and thank all of the kind poster's I have grown to know and adore of the last couple of years..
I do not want to forget anyone, so many of you are so special, but a few names that really come to my mind.. Olly,Granpa's, Cindy, Sam, Rose, Jimmercat, Rose, Jamiet, Beth, VMD, Lori,Wright,Brenda,Pat,Jeff,Bebe,Jackie,Majorie,Lovely,Pitch,Geo,Sral, Crystalk, Pdiddy,April,and of course Jenny Benny, and the list goes on and on.. I cannot say enough about the kindness and caring on this board. I myself want to make room for those who are here to help and guide. Let dear Grandpa and Cindy relax and enjoy the holiday, if you have ALS it will not go anywhere for a couple of days.lol

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I think there is more than one thread with this sentiment, but, keeping dear Al in mind, I'm putting it here :)

Amen to all of you!

Honestly I enjoyed being at Walmart at 7am today, in the pouring down rain, getting groceries and a few last minute goodies, didn't even cross my mind that I had ALS- I was just another sweatty mom in the walmart on Christmas Eve.

blessings to all,
brenda

Like I said, I'm still watching to see who's naughty or nice.
AL.

& a Very Merry Christmas to you and all your loved ones.

Merry Christmas!

Sharonca

A very Merry Christmas to all and a very Happy New Year full of God's grace.

Rick and I, like kids, are up at 5 a.m. Coffee is made, the fireplace dvd and carols are on the tv, candles are lit, the woodstove is cranking, and we are dressing in red and green today, and going to my sister's. She and her husband are sick. We are taking food and presents. (they don't even have their tree up.) We will play cards (Barbu) and stuff ourselves with goodies. I have a huge tray of cookies and popcorn balls to take.

I have no idea when or if my son and his girlfriend are coming by for their gifts, but we aren't sitting here waiting and there's been no arrangements made, even though messages have been left by phone!

This is our day to celebrate our Saviour's birth! We're taking cheer to others and forgetting being a CALS or a PALS..... today and into the New Year! We are so blessed to have all we have, do all we do, and to have each other to love!

Grab someone you love and hold on tight today and always! Tell everyone you love them and show it. It's a day for good will. Give it out and it'll come back multiplied.

Al, we love you and thank you for guarding us on the forum. We can't believe these youngsters claim they have ALS. They are just mocking us.

Enough is enough. ************************************************

Merry Christmas to all my new friends! I'm sitting in front of the tree at 9:15am waiting for my 20 year old son to get out of bed, how things change! I hope everyone has great day full of laughter and love.

ssshhhhhh ... let's give Al the day off. Woke up this morning and couldn't believe how good I feel. We have a little tree up, will have prime rib later, cats are fed and asleep again with full tummies.

And Paul, who is a "Parkie" (Parkinson's) has been responding fabulously to his new meds. Three days ago, I said "I can't believe how good you look!" It's astonishing ... he looks 20 years younger! I finally realized that his "Parkie" stone-face mask is gone. He's able to show expression. There's life and awareness in his eyes and his face again. His memory is still bad, but he's joking about it ! He's finally "getting it" about my ALS. I show him the atrophy and he compares it to his own hands and arms, and sees what's happening. I told him he needs to use his cane when we go out, as I can't hold him up any more, and he remembers every time. Last summer he couldn't move his feet more than an inch at a time, now I have to tell him to slow down and wait for me.

He must have a mild case of Parkinson's for the medications to work this well. But I am so grateful that his neuro insisted that he stop using the powerful pain control patches he has been using for many years. He said they cause confusion and nausea, and he was right! Paul's new pain meds are holding the pain at a tolerable level. Knock wood.

There is a Santa ! What gifts we are all given ...

Merry Christmas, world! Peace ...

That's wonderful news about Paul. We are so glad for him... and you. It's great to have that togetherness that you have, and co-operation!

OK it's a new day but 30 or so family are coming at 2pm but had to see that everyone's OK. So, everybody's good? Catch you later.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back