Diagnosis
12/2006
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Houston
I am so excited, it is strange though because I have been wondering about Mike. I got my MDA/ALS magazine this month and low and behold guess who is in the middle of the magazine...........Well it is Mike, I was so excited to see this, I have been wondering about him and how he was doing. He has been such an inspiration to my husband, Freddie. We were not to sure about getting the trach and vent, Freddie is an artist as well, I do know that these talents that they have started in their heads, just finding a different ways to put them out other than their limbs, is the most difficult thing to overcome, Freddie has been a musician since he was 5, after finding out that he truly had the gift, at the age of 43 after being signed to a major record label discovered that he was losing the ability to use his arms after a fall off of a stage. We were devastated to say the least, went through the whole denial thing and then finally when we got the diagnosed, was totally blown away. I never wanted to give up, I just kept pushing and pushing, he finally discovered that he could still make music through the use of his ERICA. I am rambling on and on, but geez I am just so damn excited.
As Freddie had written a song as the you know what was hitting the fan...lol.
It is titled " Doin Some Rearanging"
How true this is..........So the moral to the story is don't ever give up hope..........

Congratulations Mike! The paintings of yours that I have are framed and hang in Freddies' studio and they are stunning! Thanks Mike for all of your inspiration! It inspired us to keep going but to do some "rearranging".

Your Friends
Freddie and Annette Everett

yes, I will print them. I have got to get in the shower, I am running late for work.

What can I say I am an ALS forum junkie........lol

netty

I would also like to hear the words.

Dear Freddie & Annette,

This is really exciting. We have more in common than ALS that's for sure. My husband is also a singer, although after two falls on stage when his legs gave in, he has stopped performing professionally. What is ERICA? Ray, my husband, has also written many songs, the most recent about how he is dealing with things now. There must be a way we can post the songs and music so all can listen. Can anyone help with that?

Last week I posted some pictures of the ALS-Ny fundraiser that we attended. If you go to als-ny.org you can see photos and the video which features Ray and I along with our daughters and grand daughters. We are so very proud to have participated and hope many of my new friends on the forum get to see this.

Lin

lin

Just a thought, some people on here post things on youtube, then post the url.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back