Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the kind reply. This is the reason I started posting here.
God bless you through your journey.

Thought I was in the Do I have ALS? Is this ALS? part of the forum.

I don't want and I pray for God's grace, peace and mercy be upon you who do have ALS.

However, don't discourage people from seeking help, information or answers.

The kind information that Maybop answered with is what I thought to find here.

Again thank you Maybop.

I wouldn't be if here if my wife wasn't so worried. When doctors keep crossing their arms
and say "don't know what to tell you" you get discouraged. I was 205 last March owning a
furniture store, to 180 now. I could throw a dining table on my shoulders, now 10 months
later I can barely pick up my favorite cast iron skillet with both hands. She sees and feels the
difference daily.

Again sorry if I have offended anyone.

MRI, ct scan, all shows normal except enlarged and Para aortic lymph like left abdominal area.

Have the doctors given you any reason why you may have an enlarged node? That absolutely has nothing to do with ALS. You need to explore that further. 20-25 pound weight loss in 10 months may seem a lot for you, as you probably have had a stable weight for most of your life, but my husband lost 30 lbs. in 2 months, and that was only accompanied by weakness in one leg.
I understand your frustration in wanting to know what is going on with your body and I do know that there are people who go some time without being diagnosed properly. My brother called me about enlarged nodes in his neck and one arm pit, but after going to the largest cancer clinic in BC was told it was not lymphoma even after node biopsies. I told him to keep going back until they could explain it. He actually had to go to another province, and had a bone-marrow biopsy that ended up showing stage 3 lymphoma. He lived another 17 years with different combinations of chemotherapy, and then finally succumbed to the disease.

Now I ask you, what will you do differently if you are diagnosed with ALS? I suggest everyone lives like they are dying, as none of us are guaranteed more than this very minute.

Blood smear has just been ordered to check for lymphoma and echocardiogram to check heart.
Colonoscopy and endoscopy all the within next three weeks.

As a follower of Christ, I know all things are according to His will.
If diagnosed with and illness I would try to be His light to encourage
others. This body is only temporary. I have a heavenly body waiting
for me. If I am to suffer I count it gain for Christ if just one person came
to know the Love of Christ through my struggles. In a since, I hope not to be any
different then today. That is how I try to live every day. It is all for His glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back