Wanted: Used braces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. Just what kind of braces are you looking for? AFO's, hand braces, and what is it exactly that you plan on doing with them? I don't think many here are just going to send all our old braces anywhere without more information.
AL.

AL,

What I am looking for is AFOs, KAFOs or any other orthopedic devices that are serviceable or repairable and can be recycled to others that need them. I restore them and then either sell or donate them to someone that can put them to good use, rather than letting them go to waste.

As we discussed, if I sell any, I will gladly dontate a portion of the proceeds to the forum.

Thanks

Lanew said:
I am looking for used, but serviceable or repairable braces. Please email [email protected]

Aren't most braces made for the individuals? Would they work for someone else.. Mom mentioned to send her braces to other's who are suffering and cannot afford.. But I said to Mom they were made for your legs/feet.. would they fit someone else?

My AFO was made for a size 11 foot and ankle. Being plastic I think it could be cut down and molded for a smaller foot.
AL.

Al said:
My AFO was made for a size 11 foot and ankle. Being plastic I think it could be cut down and molded for a smaller foot.
AL.

Then Great Al.. when the time is here, I will contact you.. and maybe you can tell me where to donate them.. Thanks Buddy!:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back