Wanted to share my blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone. There are far too many orgs out there. I am merely trying to help out. Especially for someone who is new to this. I understand that not everyone is in agreement with effectiveness of certain entities and any inclusion is not an attempt by me to procure any donations to them by any means. I will certainly be mindful of that in the future. No harm intended. It is difficult to avoid since most of these organizations rely on fundraising in some form or fashion.

Gill, I understand completely what you are seeking to do. And Nikki is of course right that there are many possible resources out there for patient support, a very different pursuit than research, and everyone should dig locally. The reason I mentioned ALS Guardian Angels in particular was to highlight that some PALS need direct support above all else.

Gil of course no harm intended. The no fundraising links is very very strict and applies to all of us. Many are very legitimate but we have to enforce uniformly. If you add another page that happens tol link to fundraisers but has a different primary purpose perhaps you could post “ hey just added a bog post/ section on x. Check it out” without actually linking

I totally agree there are too many fundraisers/ foundations etc. i think ultimately most of us pick a couple whose work we believe in. Even that can get confusing. My clinic has had several fundraisers going , and one or two were restricted gifts for a special project. I wasn’t sure how to give a donation that allowed them to put it where most needed!

Last edited:
Gil,

I noticed one of your cousins still did not understand what ALS was. Please send this to her and to other friends and family members. It also tells what they can do to help you and your caregiver(s).

Also, Greg has written a resource manual that is very helpful to all.

Attachments

• ALS AWARENESS PROJECT.docx
    6.9 MB · Views: 194
Good ideas. Links to my blog are already in this post so in the future I will just mention for a heads up. I am sure most everyone can navigate to it. Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back