Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Wi
City
marshfield
Does anyone have a quality portable ramp for a power wheel chair? my PALS friend needs to have a portable / semi protable ramp system to get up a 3 foot rise...
Any ideas or used equipment would be greatly appreciated!:-D

Have you checked with ALSA/MDA loan closet. I got one there.

AL.

portable ramps

Hi, I lost my father and grandmother to ALS. I have just found this web site and thought I would check it out to see if I can help anyone. My husband is a MS patient and we was able to get a portable ramp at Gould's Medical Supplies here in Louisville, KY. They called this a suitcase ramp, it cost about $300. It weighs about 50 lbs and folds, we are able to put his electric wheelchair in the back of the minivan (without him in it).

Swmn,
Standard rise for a ramp is 1foot of ramp for every 1 inch of rise, 3feet, being 36 inches, gives you a VERY long ramp. I don't know if a portable ramp would be that long? Can you have a permanent ramp built?
Andrea - wife of Pals Jim

Like Al said check the loan closet. You can't beat free.

There are portable folding ramps over 10 feet in length and rated at 500 lbs. Just do a quick search for folding wheelchair ramp and you'll find several companies. You should be able to find a ramp to fit your purpose for $150 or less.

There are places that rent them as well. The person I bought my chair from was renting an 8 foot ramp that worked quite nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back