Lost a loved one
Country
Uni
State
Texas
City
AUSTIN
Hi,

I am a 44 year old female. I have been experiencing some symptoms for the past few weeks (2 or 3 weeks). My left face (cheek or jaw) feels heavy and sometimes I experience a dull ache there as well. This is on and off in the sense that some days I am fine and the other days it is very much there - so much so that I cannot think about anything else. For the last 2 days, I experienced headache on the left side as well.

I have on/off muscle twitching on left palm. I am very worried about ALS or any other Motor Neuron Disease as I have had 2 cases of GBS and one case of ALS in my extended family (first cousins and nephew).

Could this left face heaviness be related to ALS? Is it too soon to tell? I went to a neuro today and he has asked me to take Alleve for a few days and if this still persists, then he will do a MRI and/or EMG. I am just very stressed out.

Does it sound like ALS?

No.

You might ask your dentist if you need a night guard, and re-evaluate your mattress/pillow.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you for replying, Laurie.

I am just very stressed. I saw ALS suffering very closely and it still gives me nightmares (it's been a few years since my cousin passed away). Any small thing and I get stressed about ALS. I have no words to express what people who are suffering from it must go through on a daily basis. I wish them all tremendous strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back