Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Liz! I can not use the words I really want to on here to express how I feel! Boy this really upsets me! People are so insensitive now a days and don't care about other people's feelings. Terrible! :evil:

Here is the reply i got from the Program Director. I do give him credit for replying in a personable fashion. I do hope that something comes of this.

Megan -

Thanks for your email. We're investigating the issue and looking to
find out more.

On a more personal level, I'm sorry to hear about your husband's
condition. I have a friend with a similar condition and he's facing
many similar issues as well.

Best wishes through this tough time.

Fixx

Steve Fixx
Program Director/Afternoon Host
93.7 The Arrow
2000 West Loop South, Suite 300
Houston, Texas 77027
713-212-8176 Phone
713-212-8970 Fax

They are removing all comments made about Steven Hawkings and ALS.

There was a local ATL radio host that I really liked that was fired for making unseemly comments about Stephen Hawking. Nothing like what these guys said at all, much milder and in reference to his s e x life. I think it was around the time Hawking remarried. I know it was meant as a joke, but...

These guys must have never grown up to be so mean spirited!

I received a nasty email from them.....in response to my letter. They then erased every single comment regarding ALS..and blocked me from writing on their wall. Cowards!

Maybe another media outlet needs to hear about this? Or would they care?

How bout a tweet? Anybody on twitter?

Just sent my email to Mr. Fixx

How bout another fb account specifically for the purpose of outing these guys? It could go viral...

CJ, someone took your idea and ran with it. Their is now a boycott Walton and Johnson FB page.

There is a fine line on giving them the attention...they love to stir things up.....they are shock jocks!

They now chuckle at their fans calling this "zombie awareness month". How dare them! I was at UVA all day and now learned they deleted our comments! Cowards!

There is a fine line on giving them the attention...they love to stir things up.....they are shock jocks!

Yep, Stern and Imus wannabe's with hominy grits and gravy for brains.

Bet they're shocked that Stephen Hawking is more popular than they are. You hear that electronic voice and you think "The dude in the wheelchair." You hear their voices and you wonder who let Beavis and Butthead into the studio.

Besides, Hawking "speaks" better and clearer English than most of the characters on their show.

Last edited:
I just emailed Mr. Fixx (program director). I let him know that anytime, not just ALS awareness month, is a bad time to make such comments about anyone given such a horrific diagnosis. I also let him know I'm another one of "them" (those who have been diagnosed with a motor neuron disease). I failed to mention it's only PLS in my case but hey, it aint no picnic.

I guess part of "cleaning up the mess" means deleting hundreds of posts from their fb page and then blocking future posts (as they did me) from posting any further commentary/remarks.

Last edited:
I emailed Good Morning America. There is power in numbers! They would love to air this. Send your email if you get a chance.

Hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back