Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a link to a radio program about ALS by one of the Clear Channel Houston radio stations . The guest on the program is Dr. Steve Perrin, CEO and CSO of ALS TDI. This program is one of the items agreed to by Clear Channel as part of their agreement with the Boycott W&J group.

On Lou Gehrig's Disease - THE 950 RADIO MOJO - Houston's Talk Radio

More updates on the situation as I get them.....

Interesting interview.

Latest update on the Boycott Walton and Johnson Facebook group page:

----------------------

Boycott Update for June 07, 2011

We continue to be in positive ongoing contact with Clear Channel.

Public Affairs Show Aired

The 30 minute Public Affairs Radio show aired on Sunday, June 5, 2011. The show can be heard via podcast and/or downloaded.

We encourage everyone to listen, share, and provide appreciative comments to Laurent for embracing the importance of ALS Awarene...ss.

(permanent link to podcast is in my post above -- TRF)

Clear Channel PSAs (ALSTDI)

Several PSAs have been recorded and are airing in a rotational format. I heard one while driving today, 6/7/2011 and an add'tl one while sitting at home with SUNNY 99.1 playing in the background.

Statistical data is provided as a sample of listener potential for hearing the PSAs. Note this is different than a geographical/demographic footprint. For those interested in learning more about arbitron data, please google as we are not in a position to go into more in-depth reporting of same.

Arbitron data

Indicates the potential number of those in the listening audience across all stations.

This data is April 2011 stats:

KODA / Adult Contemporary 2, 124,500

KTBZ / Alternative Rock 1,055,600

KKRW / Classic Rock 964,700

KTRH / News-Talk 656,000

KPRC / Talk – Personality 295,800

KBME / All Sports 164,500

Total Cume: 5,261,100

The verbiage for the PSAs is below, If we can attach the actual audio version we will do so:

On-air starting Monday (There will be 2 more additional ones)

(15)
Every 90 minutes, someone in America is told they have ALS, commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. It shows no prejudice to a person’s age, race, religion, or socio-economic status. There is no treatment for ALS – it’s viewed as a death sentence. But, You can help our friends and neighbors living with ALS fight back. Find out online at A-L-S dot net.

(15)
Every 90 minutes, someone in America is told that they have ALS, commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. But, today, there is more hope than ever before, because of an aggressive and coordinated attack led by the ALS Therapy Development Institute. Join us in the battle to end ALS. Find out more at ALS dot net

On-line long-version PSAs used during streaming and other versions of shows archieved:

(30)
Every 90 minutes, someone else in America is told that they have ALS, commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. The disease shows no prejudice to a person’s age, race, religion, or socio-economic status. Since there is currently no cure or effective treatment for ALS, it is viewed essentially as a death sentence. You can help our friends and neighbors living with ALS fight back. Find out how online at www dot ALS dot net.

(60)
Every 90 minutes, someone else in America is told that they have ALS, commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. The disease shows no prejudice to a person’s age, race, religion, or socio-economic status. Since there is currently no cure or effective treatment for ALS, it is viewed essentially as a death sentence. But, today, there is more hope than ever before, because there is an aggressive and coordinated attack on this disease being led by the ALS Therapy Development Institute. Join us in the battle to end ALS. Find out more online at www dot ALS dot net or call 617-441-7200.

Clear Channel PSAs (ALSA)

As previously reported, Clear Channel is working directly with ALSA for PSA on their behalf. They have created and are running PSAs for ALSA.

Clear Channel Office Visit

Took a quick trip to Clear Channel's Houston offices to drop off ALS Awareness items for Clear Channel staff & Walton & Johnson.

Future Boycott Updates

At this time there are no additional plans to post regularly scheduled Boycott Updates. In the event there is additional news to report we will post as "Breaking News" only.

-------------------------

I apologize to mods and all in advance, but there doesn't seem to be a website where all of the ALS TDI PSAs are grouped together for ease in listening or linking. Here are the links to the individual MP3 recordings, as provided by the Boycott Walton and Johnson Facebook group:

ALS TDI 15A.mp3

ALS TDI 15B.mp3

ALS TDI 15C.mp3

ALS TDI 15D.mp3

ALS TDI 30.mp3

ALS TDI 60.mp3

More updates from the group when I have them, if any future updates occur.

How very sad and appalling....I know for us our Ed has frequently referred to Stephen Hawkins with great admiration as I am sure have many others. Then to have him ridiculed by such low lifes is so degrading for both Stephen and all who have anything to do with MND and similar conditions.
May the so called entertainers never suffer as so man brave souls do with this AND if they do or one of their loved ones,may they never have to hear such tormenting comments.
Cheer up every one....we know better and are better than these un qualified #####s !
Anastasia....

Call the advertisers......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back