Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Middletown
This will be my first mothers day without a Mother. I will participate in the ALS walk in her honor. It will be just 3 months since she passed and not a day goes by that the memory of sitting in the hospital and having a DNR put in front of me to sign doesn't run through my mind. I miss her so much. I feel that only people here understand the journey and how hard it really was. So much to learn about, even knowing the outcome is always the same. I hope you are all healing and that someday, I will too.

Thanks for listening.

Leelaa, healing is an ongoing process, but walking for your mom, who can't, is a great thing. She will be with you.

You are just in the beginning. It will get better.

Post a pic if you'd like. And stop by any time!

Best,
Laurie

Leelaa, very good of you to check in. A fine plan to honor her and get you grief moving at the same time. Reading along here I already catch glimpses of what's to come. It's heartwretching how much loss there is, so many PALS ripped from us.
But it's good to read about it also and to know that we're all in this together. Like Laurie can assure you from her experience that it will get better, I might lean on you sometime down the road.
If the walk gets a bit exhausting for you, just take one step for each of us.

What a great thing Leela walking in your Moms honor on Mother's Day.

I have "flashbacks" all the time since losing my PALS, my brother. He left us last September and I still have them. Like a movie reel in my mind. I think they will lessen as time passes but it still feels so raw and new. He would have been 48 on May 11. It will be the first birthday without him. Firsts are so hard. I'll be thinking about you Leela on this first Mother's Day without your Mom.

Time. It's what you need.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. I feel like no one understands what it has been like except for the people in this group. It has been a great source of strength then and now. I WILL be thinking of all of you while I walk, and I will be back to check in. You have no idea how much you guys help me. Maybe a bereavement support group would help also? Has anyone ever been?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back