10/2016
Country
AUS
State
NSW
City
Sydney
Hi All,

On the 26th of this month i will be doing a fund raising walk for MND. As some of you may know, my husband was recently diagnosed with MND at 33yrs old. My heart broke the day we got the diagnosis for him, us, our future and everyone affected by MND. My heart is still broken and most probably will never be fixed, so to help with that pain i decided to do all that i can to raise awareness and funds for this disease

This is the event i will be participating in: Walk to d'Feet MND - Illawarra-Walk to d'Feet MND

This is the area i will be walking around, not too bad huh? :) Walk to d'Feet MND - Illawarra-Walk to d'Feet MND

Love,
AKN xx

Last edited by a moderator:
AKN that's great. These walks are wonderful, I've organised a couple up here.
MND NSW are an incredible organisation and without them we would have been toast!

I hope you have a great day, do post some photos here :)

I will!!! I've just shared it with all my friends and have 2 coming with me already and maybe my mum too. I've raised $369 so far, hoping to get to $1000! :)

Original__9311304_TNSW_dnsw998042398c_on2iodp.jpg

This is the area the walk will be around, my previous link didn't work.

$833 raised now!!! :D :D :D

you will blitz it!

This morning i beat it, i'm up to $1034 !!! So happy :)

Ok, just raised $1860 and counting!!! I'm on top of the leaderboard for fundraisers!!

Go girl! Looks as if you have a beautiful part of the world to walk in.
Take a look at the web page " Swim for Jim" our family really is hooked onto fundraising too.
It is so helpful to know that so many care. Maybe some of the Swim for Jim ideas can be used over your side of the nation?
Good luck with the walk.

Super job! MND NSW are so deserving of every cent, and you are raising great awareness :)

Thanks Tillie & AussieMND!!! I'm thrilled with how much I have raised! Officially broke the $2000 mark today too, $2260 to be exact!

Thanks AussieMND, I'll def look into that. My husband & I want to start a charity for him & do car events - he loves his vintage cars :) We're thinking of calling it DRIVING FOR A CURE. Thoughts on the name?? I know we should probably have MND in the name but we could only think of MOTOR for MND, it's not as catchy...

I think we may have decided on MNDrive - Driving for a Cure :)

Also, I'm creeping up to $3000 now!!! Just under $200 shy - so exciting!!

Wow you really are an everyday hero!

hehehe thanks - my husband said the same thing to me the other day too, very sweet :) :) :) Where there is a will there is a way!

In the end i raised $3245.80 and maybe counting, i still have people donating :)

Here are some photo's from the day. Never giving up!!! (That's my friends baby :) )

Attachments

• IMG_7711.jpg
    IMG_7711.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 272
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 264
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 290
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg