05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
Today was our local walk.

Last year I worked so hard to organise the whole thing, only to have it rain all week, causing local road flooding and we had to call it off. We still raised, if I remember right around $14000 even without walking.

Here's a funny story though.
A bunch of us that live local raced into the closest town and still walked the CBD block until we clocked up our km. So we did an unofficial walk.
That afternoon, in a very tiny town, the lady who was our main home carer was walking her dogs still in her walk t shirt. This couple riding past on push bikes went by, then abruptly stopped and raced back to her. They asked what had happened to the walk (they hadn't registered but had tried to turn up).

It turns out, this lady on the bike put her hand up to organise the walk this year. We had such a laugh when we met up a month or so ago for her to hand me a bunch of jobs towards organising the walk as we put the connections together.

Anyway, it was a picture perfect day, I didn't hear how many people came, but I would guess close to 200. Not bad for a very small rural area.

The walk was in Ballina, which is a lovely town on the sea. We walked along the river, and out along north wall, so we had water beside us the whole way. Saw some dophins, and lots of people were asking what the walk was about, so it was a great awareness raising day.

Here's a few photos - until there is a cure!

Attachments

• walk1.jpg
    walk1.jpg
    623.4 KB · Views: 293
  • walk2.jpg
    walk2.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 280
  • walk3.jpg
    walk3.jpg
    592 KB · Views: 287
  • walk4.jpg
    walk4.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 275
  • walk5.jpg
    walk5.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 269
Tillie, so happy the weather was great and the walk was a success. What a beautiful place to walk!! Thanks for sending the photos.

Sharon

What a great turn out!
Awesome!

Thanks Tillie, luv Gem

What a wonderful day Tillie!

The pics are great Tillie and so glad it was a great day for you. Earlier today, I registered and started a team for our walk in Trinity Park for the ALS Association. We have a team name. Steve's Steppin' Angels. We already have 20 walkers and set a goal of $1,500 to earn. Everyone at work is going as well as some of their family, friends and our family and friends. The walk is in late September. Thank goodness as it is to hot here to walk in the summer. If there are any CALS/PALS in the Dallas/Fort area that want to walk in the honor of anyone let me know. The more the merrier is our team motto!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back