02/2010
Country
US
State
mo
City
nixa
just wondering how many have walk teams for the 2013 WALK TO DEFEAT ALS

I have two. Doing the walk in two cities this year.

Hopefully I'll gave my scooter by then.

My wife and stepdaughter have organized a lot of people for the walk, I think about 20 now for our team. They have doubled their goal for pledges too.

thank you both for responding. i always worry about the lack of interest on this site. i posted walk to defeat als 2010, 2011, 2012 and the response was about the same as what you now see. of course there are only 21,000 registered on this site

i started a team with my family and friends and partnering with walgreens drugs.

thank you both for responding. i always worry about the lack of interest on this site. i posted walk to defeat als 2010, 2011, 2012 and the response was about the same as what you now see. of course there are only 21,000 registered on this site

@Pearshoot:

Dear "Pearshoot", please, don't get mad at other people here (PALS and CALS alike) about what yourself are calling... "the lack of interest on this site".
Just remember what was mentioned on another thread here (the: "Where is Notme?" thread), that
: "This site strengths lie in moral support and in general advice...this is more of a community".

So, it's not really lack of interest as you are calling it and defining it, it's more about what this forum is meant to be.

I hope this clarifies your doubts.

NH

sorry i call it moral support to support fund raising which in turn supplies funds to stock loan closets that are so valuable to pals, financial assistance to multidiscipline clinics, grants for research that someday will uncover the mysteries of als. moral support absolutly

sorry i call it moral support to support fund raising which in turn supplies funds to stock loan closets that are so valuable to pals, financial assistance to multidiscipline clinics, grants for research that someday will uncover the mysteries of als. moral support absolutly

I totally agree with you. 100% on agreement.

But when somebody directly struck by ALS or someone who has some relative or loved one recently affected by this dreadful disease, it's also moral support from us towards them to have some fancy and eloquent words to try to heal their broken hearts, to uplift them, to show solidarity, to try to help them with the best advice we can give.
That's also helping people.

I certainly know we also need to look beyond this online forum and do what you are suggesting but, while here, we need to help these people in grief who come on here looking to be comforted.

I am not that eloquent with words like other people here are but, I try to help whomever comes here looking for support the best way I can. That counts.

NH

My family and I just did a walk. We had about 70 people on our team and raised $10,500! There weren't a lot of people at the walk overall, I think around 600 but there will continue to be more support year after year.

Igantert05 good job our team is not nearly as large but goal is $12,000 sent out 110 letters to sponsors. Walk is sept 29 and like you more support each year keep advocating

ejtunow how do we get the material your three links provides me no information visited your booth at the conference have about ten on team pm me with info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back