Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Beth,
I just saw this thread, and wanted to comment on how inspiring your humor is in the face of all you're dealing with. I'm very thankful you lived through the hospital ordeal, and that Paul didn't join you there! It's seems very good that you're both going to be relocated to a place where you get assistance and the support you need. I'm so glad you're going to have Kindle for reading. Let us all know how you like it! And, Beth...you are so precious to this group, it seems like your "home". In the other group, yours is the voice of reason, LOL. I cannot imagine not having your stories to look forward to reading.
Ann

Hi Beth,

I just want to add my voice to others -- in the short time that we have been on this forum your advice, and your wise and funny words have made a huge difference to me and my mom. Even reading your post, as tough as it must have been to write, has such great info for everyone about making future plans and leaving the state of denial ( We are definitely still there).... And my Mom before her DX was also the primary CG for my Dad with ALZ, so knowing more of your story is even more inspiring. We all have our journey and it is such a support to have company along the way! And I think you will love the Kindle...It is a book lovers dream...

Mellissa ( daughter of PALS Frances)

Beth - I haven't been on in quite a while - turned into a lurker after hands started to go. I worry often for you and Paul. Hope the house sale can happen quick for you. Stu is the Angel in deed.
Sharonca

Beth, have you found the new nest yet? I think of you all the time and send indigo waves of support! hugs, Kay Marie

Kay Marie ... we're looking at two facilities today, about 35 miles east of us, closer to Paul's family. These are the first we've looked at, and I'm preparing for this like it's a trip to the moon. Lists of questions, lists of equipment I have to take with me for the visit (suction machine, LightWriter, supplement, syringe, transport wheelchair, etc.) ... you can tell I don't get out much! Thanks for the good thoughts.

Sharon ... I've missed your posts, and have been wondering about you. Sorry about your hands; that is a huge loss. Mine are going, too, especially the left. Keep lurking ... but let us know how you are doing!

Mellissa ... thanks for the kind words. I am hoping the Kindle will let me do some reading again. Struggling with dead trees is a big problem now, can't turn pages, or hold a book or magazine for long.

Beth, I truly hope that you and Paul find a good place to live. Most importantly I am so happy that you and your sweetheart will be together.
You are always in my thoughts.
Big big hugs,
Rosella

Beth, good luck with your moon trip and I hope you find a really good place!

Beth, hope that you find a great place for you and your hubby. It had better be used to spectacular people because that's what they're going to get!

Dear Beth,
At the risk of being redundant...you and your husband have been in my prayers as well. You bring such wisdom, and compassion to all of us who are privileged to read your posts. I pray you find your new home soon and are able to make the transition with as little stress as possible!

Thank you for all you give to us on the forum!
Peace,
Melody

How did the visit to the Moon and back go?

OMG, the first place was like my worst nightmare ... can't believe it was "recommended"! The stench of Eau du Cheap Motel 'Air Freshener' was overpowering. And I was walking (tottering) around with my walker, and all these other old people with their walkers were staring at me strangely, and then I realized I had a tissue stuffed in my mouth. (sigh) It's so second nature, now, I don't realize I'm doing it! :lol:

The second place was a HUGE improvement. Quite liveable, in fact. I'm going back for an appointment and a more in-depth exam. If we can sell the house, we can afford it, too, for about 4 years for me, which I figure is more than enough, and a few more for Paul.

So the day ended on a high note. If we'd only gone to the first one, I would have come home and put my head in the oven! (Since I can't turn it on any more, knob's too stiff, it wouldn't have done any harm, but would have been a dramatic gesture, no?) ;-)

Yes Beth, that would have been quite a dramatic gesture... reminiscent of one of my favourite novels "Fall On Your Knees" (Anne Marie MacDonald) but I digress. Thankfully the second place was liveable and feasible. I hope that you have a smooth move and an easy sale on your house.

You really are so funny, Beth! Thanks for the laugh. :D

Dear Beth,

I'm encouraged you've found somewhere with promise.

Just as you know how special your Paul is, and want for him to be cared for and appreciated; you too are amazingly special and should never be allowed to blend into the gray mist of ladies with walkers. You will doubtlessly enliven and enrich the lives of those who live and work at whatever place you choose, but, it would be so much better if you too, are on the receiving end of better living.

Glad to hear that you found one that seems acceptable. Hope that the second visit reinforces that impression. They should pay you for going to live there. I second Rose, you will much improve the quality of lives of those that live there just by your presence.

Thanks for all the kind words! Rose, as long as I've got a box of Kleenex and a mouth to stuff them in, I'll never blend in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back