Waiting is the Hardest part (Tom Petty song)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAH

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
11/2022
Country
US
State
TN
City
Nashville
...my story:
My doctor referred me to a Neurologist in January as I was having severe cramps and facilitations. The Dr. gave me an EMG test and said he was concerned it could be ALS. He was retiring In May, so I made an appointment with the Neurology department at Vanderbilt Hospital (I live in Nashville). Finally got to see Dr. In June and was given another EMG test (attached). All he said was he was very suspect that it could be ALS. He prescribed me Riluzole and Lyrica. Went back last week to see the physician assistant. When I asked what else could it be if not ALS, she said she didn't know. My next appointment is in November with the Dr. (he's 7 months out to get in to see him- also made an appointment for next April also). Symptoms I have is the cramping- which has spread all over, abs legs, hands- primarily on my left side. I do get tired very quickly- I'm 69 but have always been in
IMG_0926.jpg
health. The Dr. said if I do have ALS it's slow progression, but I know that can change. My left foot is cramping a lot and the PA said to keep an eye out for foot drop. my questions for the group-
-Some people on this forum have said they have experience with understanding EMG tests- would love to hear their thoughts on mine
-Should I begin voice banking?
-Any other suggestions would be welcome

Thanks for this forum!
IMG_0926.jpg

You have posted the nerve conduction test. What we would need would be the emg table and the summary/ conclusion page in order to comment

voice banking doesn’t hurt. It is generally free until you actually need to use the voice.

Thanks Niki, I don't have the EMG results then! Oh well, I'll see if I can get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back