Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of hurrying the time through the diangosis process, why not do some of the (not completely irresponsible) things you would do if it was ALS? Go take all the vacations that fit in the budget and you can afford, visit the people you haven't seen in a while, volunteer as a family at that thing you've been putting off. Eat your favorite foods as a couple. Maybe his condition is completely curable and you'll have distracted yourself from worrying while doing things you always wanted to do. Maybe it isn't curable, and you'll have gotten a head start on the "bucket list" while he's in his best shape.

Beky, that is good advice. I have been told the same thing, while worrying and worrying daily. I have been given a good report but I still wonder and doubt. I did take a trip recently to Oregon. So I know what you are saying. I sometimes wonder if I need to get my affairs in order also.

Never to early to get your affairs in order

Get them in order and forget about it. What beky said is so true. If you end up with ALS (or another disease), wouldn't it be better if you'd been out living your life instead of worrying about things?

I have four trips planned through the end of the year. I intend to travel, spend time with friends, take pictures and redefine myself. I anticipate being alive in a few years. To paraphrase my Mom's Mom: I'm not going to leave much money behind, but I will leave memories.

Fitzroy,
You are on our page! Time's awasting... We have two small and one big trip planned, affairs almost done, grand child to spoil and life to live! Pity parties are 15 minutes in length, dry the tears, put on your big people panties and off you go!

Jen

Jen and Fitzroy I appreciate this so much. I seem to have "too many" pity parties" anymore. I live alone so who is going to stop me right?!
NO, it isn't right. Life is about living and spoiling that grandchild of mine when I can. BOTH, I appreciate your responses. Pray I can stop my obsession with ALS. TWO neurologists have told me no als!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back