Diagnosis
12/2016
Country
AT
State
AT
City
Leoben
These are extremely rare cases. That is why they get papers written about them. Please note that this was cramp fasciculation syndrome too. You didn’t mention cramps as a symptom?

Either way the vast majority of twitchers and even cramp/ twitchers never get anything further. You can live your life in fear that you are the rarest of the rare but you would be much better to stop googling and live.

The younger you are the less likely this is to happen. I think the youngest in this paper was 39?

Hi Nikki,
I don't have cramps.
Thank you for your reply.

best regards,
kor

Hello,
So it can be said that the 1.3 years of fasciculations without further symptoms are still valid?

best regards,
kor

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a typical example of how bad, how horribly bad a move it is to Google around symptoms. I'm pretty sure you would be far better off not having layed eyes on this paper. Now that the information is Inside your mind it won't leave easely. Staying off Dr Google is key to a better life when one is Under the health anxiety storm.

Nothing good ever happens from searching the web. These cases where fasics were prior to weakness are rare, but heck, rare is not impossible and now you Wonder: "what if I'm one of these exceptions?". Just reading that thing has the consequence of you sitting in the waiting room of "what if" for, what, three more years? One minute reading and three years of enjoyable life moments spoiled on the spot. Now that's hell of a damage!

Now there are cancers too that grow silently and you may just cooking up a sinister thing without even being aware of, so "feeling nothing" could also be a sign of something horrible at work, which makes for an entire life spent waiting for the silent killers to surface and manifest.

Gosh, stop reading around, stop testing your strenght, stop looking your limbs for atrophy, stop checking your tongue for twitches, stop raking the back of your foot for Babinski sign, stop pinching your finger for Hoffmann's reflex, stop checking your lymphnodes for lymphoma, stop staring at your stools for blood, stop looking for bruises that could indicate leukemia... etc,

I don't want to sound offensive, I just want you to live a good life, because we are all going to end up dead and what will matter at the end is the quality of the days we had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent responses to Kor.

Kor, some people, perfectly healthy people, twitch. I've been bouncing around for decades, and I don't have any ALS at all.

Austria! Man oh man, what a wonderful place to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back