Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Wi
City
marshfield
I am an advocate for a friend who was Dx about 1 year ago. his speach is deteriorating and I wanted to offer the oppoertunity for him to record some stories of his life journey before his speech deteriorates more. As I contemplated this, I thought maybe there was some kind of technology out there that we could record in advance simple wants/needs or even exrpressions of emotion. I am wondering if there is anything out there that could be used / modified to offer this kind of communication support. I would think a lot of PALS would like their own voice used as a digital recording to access when speech deteriorates - any ideas or suggestions?

Al

Moderator emeritus
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
Hi there. Welcome. If you want to send me an email at [email protected] I could send you some sheets with suggestions for things to record.
AL.

Last edited:

hboyajian

Distinguished member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
Washington
City
Vashon
This is such a good idea. I think the life stories are a really special thing to have, especially for children and grandchildren to hear in the years ahead. The practical needs and emotions recordings would be absolutely helpful as well. I have one idea to add. My dad loved to sing. He had a rich bass voice that I wish I had thought to record so I could listen to him sometimes now that he is gone. Just a thought. Holly

swmn

Distinguished member
Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Wi
City
marshfield
thank you all for your suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions - Al, I will email you soon to get your "list" just a little busy this week
Sadly, my friend was quite a wonderful singer and musician, he feels now he has lost the ability to even sing a phrase or play a tune on one of his many instruments. I had hoped we would be able to record more for him. Bulbar onset is clearly showing but I think, hope, and pray that he has hit a plateau. Since getting his bipap, he is seems stronger, and speech is more clear. I want to record some "stories" soon, before speech deteriorates more, but don't want to pressure him or make him uncomfortable...
any more suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.