Voice - going -going ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lost the use of my legs, and now my voice is going, which is the greater loss for sure. It helps to know I'm not alone. For those of you who still have your voice, bank your voice using Modeltalker, so you will have no regrets later on.
- Charlene

>bank your voice using Modeltalker, so you will have no regrets later on.

Ditto that!

Sorry to hear that things are progressing Pete. I got my dad one of the amplifiers. He doesn't use it but it does work well to avoid having to strain your voice. There are also good free apps that can help like SpeakIT.

Lately I have been having a lot of soar throats. Is this from straining trying to make my voice louder? Or something like that?

Cant talk, sing, whistle or hum.​

My husband's getting there. Hardest part of our road trip was that he couldn't sing along to our playlist. We've always belted it out mile after mile (with the windows up to protect the rest of the world). ;) But he misses so much the singing along or at least humming along.

My PALS started with slurred speech, but now has shortness of breath, too, so it's difficult to project or finish a thought. Hearing that breathlessness in his speech is partly how I know when it's time for a daytime session on the trilogy. The trilogy does help with projection for awhile. Cannabis really helps with clarity--seems to relax throat and tongue, makes it easier to form the words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back