Status
Not open for further replies.
Cyber Headset/ Microphone (AC-840)

This is the one I use and there is only one main problem for me. The arm that the mike is on is too short to reach the front of my mouth, it ends about one inch before it. I also had a full beard when recording my model talker voice and the mike kept picking up noises of scraping my beard.

I have a very large head, hat size 8. Most people probably do not have this problem, but it would be nice if they listed the length of the boom piece. After a year of use the spring amount of the headset has decreased and it moves a lot. Falling off at times. I have no idea how to fix this problem.

Whichever you get, try to keep the mouth piece the same distance while recording.

God Bless
Capt AL

Very Nice Speech Generating Device

Hi, All: While browsing the web, I came across the http://www.gusinc.com/ website which has the best speech devices, software and accessories I've found at very reasonable prices, approved by Medicare and MDA. One model uses the Samsung Q1U tablet PC mentioned here by Saubier awhile back, which is a regular computer weighing only 1.7 pounds. It comes with lots of stuff, and has options like a keyboard and scanning accessories for users who can't type. The synthetic voices that come with it are so great, if I get one I'll probably use that voice instead of my own. Pappy, are you liking your Q1U still?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back