Voice banking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve is spot on. I didn't find out about ModelTalker until after my voice had changed drastically. My ModelTalker voices sounds like me, but unfortunately, it sounds like me 15 months after my voice started to change. Everyone should bank their voice immediately, if not sooner.

Dave

I don't see the point in voice banking. In a couple of months you start feeling any voice as your own. I mostly communicate by typing on the Notepad, but use a speech synthesizer with my five-year-old daughter or when I don't want to bother others to walk to my bed. The Finnish male voice changed a couple of years ago. It only took a couple of weeks for my daughter to stop saying "that's not daddy's voice". And the Swedish talk program that I mostly use with her has only a female voice. That is simply called "Dad's Swedish voice".

Hmmm..... I wonder if I could get it to make me sound like Julie Andrews?

Thanks a bunch. Now I can't get Sound of Music out of my head :lol:

I read that she had a 4 octave voice range. Could that be true? No matter.....what a beautiful voice.

Ironically Julie Andrews strained her voice so badly following “Victor Victoria” that it caused vocal cord damage. She underwent surgery (which was probably unnecessary in retrospect), and this damaged her singing voice further. Following that, her singing range was reduced to about an octave. I’ve always loved her voice.

It would be fun if voice-generating devices could give one the speaking voice of their deams. If I were a guy, I’d choose Patrick Stewart’s voice. :)

She gave a stellar performance in Victor Victoria. Very sad it damaged her voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back