starente15

Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
NJ
Hi again,
For those who've done it, could anyone tell me how you go about the voice banking process? We have a referral to a speech therapist but do they need to specialize in this to help with the process? Is it available in every state? The first person I spoke with had no idea.

Nikki J

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
Look at modeltalker.org

azgirl

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
I used modeltalker too. Took me a couple months to record the 1600 phrases but I did drag it out since there was no immediate need.

krnNdug

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
02/2014
Country
US
State
AZ
I am trying modeltalker which a friend's husband used...the issue is that all the rooms downstairs have wood or tile and the sound reverberates...Any suggestions apart from going upstairs - not very safe or doable for me...I was thinking of putting a sheet over my head on the bed and trying that, I just need to make it repeatable...

azgirl

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
Do you have a walk in closet? Or smallest room. I put blankets down all around me and closed all window coverings.

krnNdug

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
02/2014
Country
US
State
AZ
we do have a coat closet downstairs, good idea since there is light in there and is carpeted...will try and see what happens...great suggestion

Doglvr

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
05/2014
Country
US
State
Mt
Yeah I am having the same problem/ I can get it to calibrate but not to record the sentences

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks