Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
MA
City
Grafton
Everyone says the vitamix blender is the best for blending food smooth enough to go down feeding tube with no issue. But Im looking at them on amazon and they're so expensive. Does anyone know of any organizations that will help with the purchase of one?

Vitamix used to have a discount for medical need if I remember correctly. Now it seems only for pediatrics. They work with some charitable organizations but don’t see any ALS ones.

I think some people here have had fine results with other blenders?

We got ours at Costco last year. I think it was on sale for around $250. I think Costco normally sells them for $300. They’re great quality, easy to clean, and highly recommended.

Some friends gave me a vitamix but before that I used a Ninja and it worked well.

Others here have used Ninjas, I know. I have seen the Nutri Ninja model recommended for tube feeding and it looks to be $100.

thanks ill look at the ninja

I have a Bendtec that I got to make Brian’s food. It works amazing. I got it at Costco and it was about 250 if I remember correctly a direct competitor or Vitamix. I will say that if you are making your own food, don’t try to use a machine to feed it as it requires being thinned too much. But if you are gravity feeding or push you will be fine.

Good luck

I used a Ninja blender but eventually that blending was not fine enough any longer. Not sure if Vitamix would have done a better job. Then we bought a food strainer - it worked for some things. The smooth soups in packages from the store - usually in the health food section - are now the only soups that work - only in smallest quantities.
This is all without feeding tube.

Kristina,
Please do a go-fund-me on Facebook. My friend, who is legally blind, raised $6,000 in 5 days for some high-tech glasses.
There are people who want to help. You deserve a Vitamix.
Another PALS raised $5,000 for dental work. If you'd like I will start it for you.

I contacted ALS Guardian Angels. They offer grants up to $1,500 and, in your case, I believe a Vitamix will be covered.

Wow thanks Kim! I will get in touch w them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back