Diagnosis
12/2011
Country
US
State
Hawaii
City
Kona
I did a search on this forum but didn't quite find what I was looking for so I thought I'd just ask. Sorry if this has already been covered.

I went to Costco today and picked out some Nature Made brand dietary supplements

Vitamin C 500 mg Label states helps Maintain Immune Health
B-12 1000 mcg Timed Release Label states essential for Cellular Energy Production
CoQ10 200 mg Label states Supports Heart Health & Energy Production
and finally a Kirkland brand Vitamin E Taking two 400 I.U. softgels. Antioxidant Protection

I was on another thread discussing vitamins so I thought I'd check and see what others were taking or recommending.

What about a general multi?

And the next time you see your internist or GP have them check your vitamin D level. Mine was extremely low and I take both over-the-counter and prescription vitamin D. Glad to see you chose a brand that follows USP, an important standard for lack of contamination.

I also take Vitamin D prescribed (very low blood test) multivit, magnesium citrate, taurine (looking into qunine) melatonin and dhea i think the last two are both hormones

Re: Vitamins What do U take? Recommend?

What about a general multi?

Might not be a bad idea. Wings also listed a multi.

Thinking about one a day Mens 50+

I have an appointment with the VA Doc in about 3 weeks will ask about vit D3. Thx Holly

I remember years ago I was taking a multi vit amin since my diet was very poor, at that time one of the news programs ran a special and showed that for the most part a lot of the sup plements just passed thru the body and down the toilet.

As a Person with ALS I'm choosing to believe in a benefit of aggressive nutritional support in affecting disease course and survival. I'm starting out kind of slow. That is why I'm here asking if this "cocktail" is a good start.

I don't believe any of the vit listed have a potential for adverse consequences from especially high doses. Don't want to do more harm than good. Checking with the doc to see what the blood shows in 3 weeks.

if possible make your vit choices to be all natural. little more expensive but better for you I have been doing eastern medicine since day one.

Also check on absorbency ....with food, when, etc
Or you may have expensive urine

Surveys show that people who develop bedsores generally have low vitamin C levels, trust me you don't want bedsores, better to be pro-active.

I take the following daily:

Sodium ascorbate crystals (Vit C in crystal form. Sodium ascorbate is non-acidic (pH neutral), making it gentle on the digestive system.)

Liquid Vitamin D 3 - 2,000 IU per drop

Sublingual Vitamin B12 (1000 mcg), B6 (5mg), Folic Acid(400 mcg) & Biotin (25mcg) - 250 Sublingual Tablets - Formulated with methylcobalamin Vitamin B-12.

Methylcobalamin (Methyl B12), 5000mcg, 60 Lozenges

I order this type, liquid, lozenge, etc. due to difficulties swallowing. The Vit C crystals I mix with water and take them via tube.

I have ordered all these on amazon dot com

I take other supplements too however they are part of the Deanna protocol supplements. These listed above are not on the protocol, but I believe them to be very important for immune strength.

I would say anything that gives you a lift.
Get good sleep, take a high potency multi and any other specials that suit you.
Some do B's fish oil along with C's and D's. some also opt for coconut oil...?
This can be a lot of expensive pills....mainl find a way to get at least 8 hours....a nap to supplement this, I would say go for it
Keep it manageable or you will have a hard time keeping up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back